Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

If Tubby Smith...

Featured Replies

  • Author
No offense Beastly but its time to move on.... what if Pitino had not left either? Gotta live in reality.

 

Big difference, the NBA was calling for Ricky P.

  • Replies 31
  • Views 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think if Tubby had been coaching this years club...I think they go to the Sweet 16 and maybe the elite 8...Tubby would have gotten ten times more out of his bench...I also feel the players Confidence level would be much higher...Just my opinion...:thumb:

First off I don't think Legion was a Tubby recruit. Secondly, I think UK would have went undefeated and won the NCAA last year, then represented the United States in China at the Olympics and would probably been on worse than a final four team this year. I don't mean to disrespect Tubby but the Olympics would have wore them out so a repeat would have been tough.

  • Author
I think if Tubby had been coaching this years club...I think they go to the Sweet 16 and maybe the elite 8...Tubby would have gotten ten times more out of his bench...I also feel the players Confidence level would be much higher...Just my opinion...:thumb:

 

I agree. The big thing was how Billy G handled his bench, and his subs. Tubby would have had the team chemistry far better than it was, and your right the confidence would have been higher.

 

First off I don't think Legion was a Tubby recruit. Secondly, I think UK would have went undefeated and won the NCAA last year, then represented the United States in China at the Olympics and would probably been on worse than a final four team this year.

 

:rolleyes:

 

I never said anything remotely close to that.

Tubby saw the handwriting on the wall. He knew the program was heading down and he jumped ship before getting fired. And came out looking good in the process. Smart guy.

 

Tubby got fired?:idunno:

Tubby got fired?:idunno:

 

No I said he left before he would have got fired

No I said he left before he would have got fired

 

 

Ok, gotcha now. fwiw, I don't believe he would have.

Undoubtedly a better record, just by winning the ones you're "supposed to."

 

Would have made the NCAA this year, but wouldn't have made it past the first weekend either year.

 

So basically, just like his last two years.

 

It really would have depended on if Tubby got Lucas and Patterson to come here together. If he did that, then I think the team last year could have made a really deep running. (Also chance Morris might have stayed if Tubby did). Then this year we would have had the pg that we was missing in Lucas, and Jasper still might be here to. So I think we would have had a very good chance to get past the first weekend again.

 

So there is really no way to know for sure what would have happened, because we don't know what players would have came here. However if both Patterson and Lucas came here like they were rumored to, then we could have had two very good years the last few years.

Ok, gotcha now. fwiw, I don't believe he would have.

 

Well he didn't take the chance, so we will never know.

First off I don't think Legion was a Tubby recruit.

 

Missed that in the original post. You are correct. Legion would have never come in the first place.

 

Miller would be at Illinois. Coury, Mike Williams and Draymond Green would have been at UK.

Missed that in the original post. You are correct. Legion would have never come in the first place.

 

Miller would be at Illinois. Coury, Mike Williams and Draymond Green would have been at UK.

 

Would Coury been in the Starting line up all of last season with Tubbs as coach?:idunno: I doubt it...:thumb:We will never know...:thumb:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.