March 30, 200917 yr Had stayed, what do you think his record would have been over the past 2 years? Would he still had been under the fire to leave? What kind of kids would he have brought in? I honestly think Tubby would have won more than 18 games 2 years ago. That team had some pretty good talent on it, even with the injuries. I say Tubby could have won anywhere from 23-26 games with that bunch, and could have gotten a lot higher seed in the tournament and went to the Sweet 16 or better. This year I still think he could have did better than Billy G. Kentucky finished at 22-14. I really think Tubby would have done better than that, and obviously put them in the big dance. I would say Tubby would have finished the regular season at 23-8(Billy G finished the regular season at 19-12), and that would have gotten them a higher seed in the SEC tournament, but still say a 1-1 mark in that, they go into the NCAA TOURNAMENT at 24-9(Billy G went into the NIT at 20-13) and get anywhere from an 6-10 seed. Still not what Kentucky fans wanted, but far better than Billy G. As for next year, I think he could have had a very strong season with Patterson and Meeks coming back. I also believe during all this Jasper is still a Wildcat and so is Legion. Those two could have been very helpful for Kentucky. I would say Tubby would have a good year, and get them to at least the Sweet 16, and very possibly an Elite 8 appearance. That still wouldn't have been good enough for UK fans. I do think Tubby would have been under fire and the fans would still have wanted to let him go. I think during those 2 years he could have brought in some kids a lot talented than Liggins and Galloway, and wouldn't been chasing after Euton and other 8th grade studs. I'm not saying this just out of hatred of Billy G and me being a very big Tubby supporter, that's just what I honestly believe. While I think Tubby may have done better, I believe that Legion was a Gillispie recruit and I don't think he would have been at UK. As far as Jasper, I believe Jasper would have stayed and this year would have been much better. But again, just like anyone else, it is all just opinions. and we will never know. Also, Tubby was burned out and ready to go. I have all the respect in the world for Tubby and what he represents, ... but looking back now, it was time for a change.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.