Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Best Moments in 9th Region This Year

Featured Replies

I'm doing some research for a piece about the best moments from this season in the 9th region. So let's hear it. What were some of the best moments from the 9th Region basketball season?

I think Holmes win over then #1 Scott Co. at the BOKC early in the season was definetly a highlight. Boone's win over Holmes in regular season has to be in there.

  • Author
I think Holmes win over then #1 Scott Co. at the BOKC early in the season was definetly a highlight. Boone's win over Holmes in regular season has to be in there.

 

Yeah I'd say those two are pretty good ones. Blake Bryan's school record 48 points against Bellevue is another one.

I think maybe I am being a bit selfish by posting this but....

 

Senior night at CovCath when Mitch Shover is announced to the crowd. This young man went through so much this season, that it was great seeing the Crazies/Parnets/Fans give Mitch a standing "O" that lasted quite a while. You as a parent, kid, fan can live with being hurt in a game and being out for the season because it's just a part of the game, but to have so many things go wrong for a 18 year old kid who was in great shape prior to his sickness and then to really never get to play, well when he did get in on Senior Night it sent goose bumps through me and I am sure a lot of CovCath fans. Sure it's isn't a huge story for all the Region, but if Mitch doesn't get sick, or his illness doesn't drag on and on, well IMO the 35th Distirct ends on a different note with Mitch playing like he can....

  • Author
I think maybe I am being a bit selfish by posting this but....

 

Senior night at CovCath when Mitch Shover is announced to the crowd. This young man went through so much this season, that it was great seeing the Crazies/Parnets/Fans give Mitch a standing "O" that lasted quite a while. You as a parent, kid, fan can live with being hurt in a game and being out for the season because it's just a part of the game, but to have so many things go wrong for a 18 year old kid who was in great shape prior to his sickness and then to really never get to play, well when he did get in on Senior Night it sent goose bumps through me and I am sure a lot of CovCath fans. Sure it's isn't a huge story for all the Region, but if Mitch doesn't get sick, or his illness doesn't drag on and on, well IMO the 35th Distirct ends on a different note with Mitch playing like he can....

 

Ok as for Mitch and Senior night... ABSOLUTELY. Great moment.

 

As for your last comment....:deadhorse:... C'mon.

Ok as for Mitch and Senior night... ABSOLUTELY. Great moment.

 

As for your last comment....:deadhorse:... C'mon.[/quote

 

Sorry but IMVHO they would have beat Beechwood, now Holmes no way....

I know it may sound a bit kooky and insignificant, but one of many interesting highlights for me this year was Newport's victory over Beechwood in the All 'A' Classic. In a year that the Beechwood Tigers were validating themselves, The Newport Wildcats threw their hat into the validation ring and showed that they were no slouch either. In a year that was all Bulldogs, it was great to see some upstart activity from some other programs that don't ordinarily have much to say. Overall, an indication of a strengthening 9th Region, and for that I found it interesting, worth noting and something to be proud of. :thumb:

Buettel from Beechwood doing his Larry Bird impersonation in the round 1 District game against Cov Cath. With defenders hanging all over him all night everything he heaved toward the basket went in. Phenomenal performance.

All of our BGP's voices being heard and Griffin Industries and St. Elizabeth Sports Medicine coming to the aid of the 9th and 10th Regions in the 'Broadcasting at the BOK' ordeal. :clap:

Holmes win over Ballard at the Defenders of the Station; some nice highlight-reel dunks by Pittman.

Kenton Co. Classic with Conner beating heavily favored GRC, Dixie winning on a buzzer beater, and Highlands taking home the tournament in OT. Not to mention great games between Dixie and Scott, Highlands and Conner, and Lafayette and Conner. This young tournament got closer in rivaling with the All A in NKY in terms of great games.

As much as I hated the moment, NCC's last second tip-in to beat Dixie in the region tourney.

When I think of 9th region basketball in relation to BGP I think of matchup listings, denegrading EKY schools, claims of officials bias, proclamations that every player on a team is D1, and "inside sources."

 

Maybe that's just me.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.