Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2009 All-SEC Awards Announced

Featured Replies

Thornton is the POY... :madman:

Congrats to Jodie and Patrick for this honor. They deserve it.

 

Johnson deserved COY. What a great job he did at LSU.

If I heard correctly, this is the first time in SEC history that a team without a winning conference record placed two players on the 1st team.

Thornton is the POY... :madman:

 

I know what your feeling but let's face it. Jodie didn't have a chance. He had to work for every impossible shot he took. Screens, especially effective screens, were few and far between and he still kept his average at 24.7 ppg. Everybody figured it out after the 54 point game and then we couldn't counter it with screens, which is what you have to do. Any good high school coach would be getting him several good looks per game, especially with his quickness. Oh well, just venting...:popcorn:

One thing I can't help but notice is that the First Team only has one senior (Thorton) on the team, including 2 soph. (Patterson and Calathes)...As bad as the SEC was this season, it could be that much better next season.

I know what your feeling but let's face it. Jodie didn't have a chance. He had to work for every impossible shot he took. Screens, especially effective screens, were few and far between and he still kept his average at 24.7 ppg. Everybody figured it out after the 54 point game and then we couldn't counter it with screens, which is what you have to do. Any good high school coach would be getting him several good looks per game, especially with his quickness. Oh well, just venting...:popcorn:

 

I knew he didn't have a chance with the way things have gone lately, but still... I am very frustrated as well. I think they should have more plays to get Jodie open looks that aren't under pressure and I think it would be wise to stop practicing on game days, but what can we do...

I knew he didn't have a chance with the way things have gone lately, but still... I am very frustrated as well. I think they should have more plays to get Jodie open looks that aren't under pressure and I think it would be wise to stop practicing on game days, but what can we do...

 

There's things can be done.....:walk:

One thing I can't help but notice is that the First Team only has one senior (Thorton) on the team, including 2 soph. (Patterson and Calathes)...As bad as the SEC was this season, it could be that much better next season.

 

I agree. A lot of young talent in the conference that should blossom in the next few seasons. That will make Billy Clyde's job a little harder. But he only loses one senior, and if PP and JM come back, the Cats should be much improved.

If I heard correctly, this is the first time in SEC history that a team without a winning conference record placed two players on the 1st team.

 

 

So, what do you take from that?

UK goes 10-6 11-5 and Meeks win the player of the year.

 

That's true, but if they were 10-6 or 11-5, he would have better numbers, as well.

That's true, but if they were 10-6 or 11-5, he would have better numbers, as well.

 

I still think he should have won.

I still think he should have won.

 

I personally think he has better numbers than the others, but this losing streak has killed his chances (and the team's chances).

I personally think he has better numbers than the others, but this losing streak has killed his chances (and the team's chances).

 

Agree.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.