Elliott vs East Carter history

Actually it is 9 wins in a row I forgot the District game 3 years ago. I don't know where the original thread went so I will post this information. Since the 2000-2001 season Elliott County has won 13 games against East Carter and has lost 6. They are 3-3 against East Carter, since the current group of seniors were in 8th grade.

Someone posted a number that East has won Fifty some games against 20 I believe earlier. However, they were not counting the games when Elliott County was called Sandy Hook high school. There was some good teams back then from what I hear. I know that number would be alot closer if you were counting those games. I would venture to say Elliott may have had the better record in the 60s and early 70s, when they were called Sandy Hook. East was better in the 80s and 90s. Then Elliott would hold the advantage this decade. I just thought that everyone should see this information.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually it is 9 wins in a row I forgot the District game 3 years ago. I don't know where the original thread went so I will post this information. Since the 2000-2001 season Elliott County has won 13 games against East Carter and has lost 6. They are 3-3 against East Carter, since the current group of seniors were in 8th grade.

Someone posted a number that East has won Fifty some games against 20 I believe earlier. However, they were not counting the games when Elliott County was called Sandy Hook high school. There was some good teams back then from what I hear. I know that number would be alot closer if you were counting those games. I would venture to say Elliott may have had the better record in the 60s and early 70s, when they were called Sandy Hook. East was better in the 80s and 90s. Then Elliott would hold the advantage this decade. I just thought that everyone should see this information.

Very important information indeed.

East didn't start until 1972-73

Yes that is true. That was the year East and West consolidated. But Sandy Hook, did not become Elliott County High School until the late 70s I believe. Elliott did pretty well against East during that time frame. East has had some great teams. They had a very good program under Bozo. I think one of the best teams to not make a regional tournament was the one with Hale and I believe his name was Jackson. That was a good team.

East didn't start until 1972-73

It was actually the 71-72 school year. Well if it was 9 wins in a row before this current streak the overall record was 52-15 v. Elliott. That's even more impressive. You can not go back past that unless you look at the schools of Hitchins and Prichard which was consolidated to form East High. Which both of these schools also had winning records v. Sandy Hook High School.

Yes that is true. That was the year East and West consolidated. But Sandy Hook, did not become Elliott County High School until the late 70s I believe. Elliott did pretty well against East during that time frame. East has had some great teams. They had a very good program under Bozo. I think one of the best teams to not make a regional tournament was the one with Hale and I believe his name was Jackson. That was a good team.

It is evident you have a dislike or jealousy towards East probably because you have seen a lot of those losses to East by using that name for a very good and respected coach Charles Baker. But that is ok, just as Elliott is seeing a lot of negative comments on here from people (even people from East) who are tired of getting beat by Elliott over the past 4 years. That's the way a lot from Elliott feel towards East because they have watched a lot of losses over the years at the hands of the Raiders.

They won 3 or 4 games when Salyers and Adkins were there. Other than that they would only pick up a win every 3 or 4 years. The numbers do not lie even with the current streak of 9 in a row over the past 38 years the overall record is 52-14.:popcorn:

The next decade ain't looking real good for Raider nation either. And that is a shame considering th quailty of athletes that East usually produces. I belive we had better athletes than Elliott this year.

East Carter basketball will be fine! They will continue to win around 20 games per year and always be in the hunt for the district championship. By seasons end, they were the second best team in the region. Remember they outplayed Elliott in every aspect of the district contest except for free throws attempted and free throws made. I hated to see the season end as they were continually improving. Oh, what might have been had they not lost twice to Morgan County at home...once in the gym and once in an office?

Not many of the "what have you done for me lately" generation understands the level of domination that East Carter has had in the history of the 62nd district.

Edited by Ram
Rule 2

East Carter basketball will be fine! They will continue to win around 20 games per year and always be in the hunt for the district championship. By seasons end, they were the second best team in the region. Remember they outplayed Elliott in every aspect of the district contest except for free throws attempted and free throws made. I hated to see the season end as they were continually improving. Oh, what might have been had they not lost twice to Morgan County at home...once in the gym and once in an office?

Not many of the "what have you done for me lately" generation understands the level of domination that East Carter has had in the history of the 62nd district.

Well put Big Boy Elliott is all time 10-13 in the 16th Region That's Sandy Hook or Elliott Co. 9 of those 10 wins have been the last 4 years, so that is some history.

Edited by Ram
Rule 14

The next decade ain't looking real good for Raider nation either. And that is a shame considering th quailty of athletes that East usually produces. I belive we had better athletes than Elliott this year.

I don't know where you get that I like East Carter but I do not have blue tinted vision. Elliott Co. has better basketball players than East. Actually better by far than anyone in the 16th. I would like to see them win the whole thing this year because teams like this don't come along very often. They are get to watch.

Edited by 16thBBall Fan

I can't necessarily agree with your last statement but you are definately entitled to your own opinion. I was surprised that (with the talent at East this year) they didn't necessarily rise to their potential. I guess it's like the old saying goes . . . Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard.

Better athlete's...I totally agree.

Better basketball player's...that I just can't see.

Better athlete's...I totally agree.

Better basketball player's...that I just can't see.

Well said that is why you are KNOWITALL. Elliott has beat a lot of teams over the past 4 years who are better athletes run faster and jump higher but very few if any that are better basketball players. You put it perfectly.

It was actually the 71-72 school year. Well if it was 9 wins in a row before this current streak the overall record was 52-15 v. Elliott. That's even more impressive. You can not go back past that unless you look at the schools of Hitchins and Prichard which was consolidated to form East High. Which both of these schools also had winning records v. Sandy Hook High School.

I am not sure about that. My father played on those teams and Sandy Hook won most of those games until the schools consolidated. When the schools consolidated Elliott lost to East the first year.. I believe East was ranked #7 in the state that year. Then as Sandy Hook Elliott won the majority of the games until they changed their name to Elliott County, which was in the late 70s. I would double check those records, because I am pretty sure Sandy Hook won the majority of the games before the schools consolidated.