Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Does UK accept a NIT invitation or not?

Featured Replies

My guess is that the SEC would require Kentucky to play in the NIT if they are invited. Doesn't all the money earned by all the SEC teams from tournaments go into a pool for all to share?

  • Replies 55
  • Views 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think this scenario will unfold. UK has perhaps the best and most loyal basketball fan base in the country. They are a HUGE draw for the NCAA. They will make the NCAA with wins over Georgia and at least one win in the SEC tourney.

Not sure if they are required but there is no way UK turns it down. No reason or benefit to. Even if Mitch fires BCG on Sunday after final and UK doesnt make NCAA I still think they play on.

You beat the Bulldogs this week, and its a 20 win season with a game with the Gators that is winable. Win one is the SEC tourney 21/22 wins and you are in the NCAA. Its Kentucky on the front of the jersey and I think that will help. They will go into the big Show, and should.

First of all although I know that things aren't looking good right now U.K. is not out of the NCAA, it is not looking good but that doesn't mean they will not make the field.

 

Now, should U.K. not make the NCAA and be invited to the N.I.T. then I believe they will and should accept. I am not all that big on "it gives us 1-4 more games" reason but I am in favor of playing. I believe that some undecided recruits just may see U.K. playing and like it. I think there would be $$$ involved in playing for U.K., the Cats bring alot of fans and probably would host a game or more bc of the money$$ draw for the tournament.

I personally never have like the N.I.T. bc after all, as I have joked about it before it's still the ((N)ot (I)n the (T)ournament). I do admit that I watch most of the NIT games every season though and I really cannot see a reason why not to play in the N.I.T.. Sure, I want to be in the NCAA and that is a given for any fan but if U.K. is not and accept an NIT bid then I would support and watch my team.

 

Right now all of this talk is an "if" thread and may mean nothing. I hope that we make the Dance and that is the case. NCAA parings have not been announced yet. Should we not make the Dance and get a bid in the NIT then like I said.....why not?

Should someone not want to support a team that they claim to be a fan of just bc it's not in the NCAA then I guess that is a statement that speaks volumes in itself, uh::idunno::D. Someone can figure out for themselves what kind of statement but it certainly tells me a couple of things and maybe something about a bandwagon??........:sssh:

You beat the Bulldogs this week, and its a 20 win season with a game with the Gators that is winable. Win one is the SEC tourney 21/22 wins and you are in the NCAA. Its Kentucky on the front of the jersey and I think that will help. They will go into the big Show, and should.

 

I tend to agree Larry and I like the way you are thinking. :thumb:

I think they get a bid to NCAA, but would the Sweet 16 keep UK from hosting in the opening couple of rounds in the NIT?

I think they get a bid to NCAA, but would the Sweet 16 keep UK from hosting in the opening couple of rounds in the NIT?

 

They could play on Tuesday...some play that early...not wed-sun

You beat the Bulldogs this week, and its a 20 win season with a game with the Gators that is winable. Win one is the SEC tourney 21/22 wins and you are in the NCAA. Its Kentucky on the front of the jersey and I think that will help. They will go into the big Show, and should.

 

There are many teams that already have 20 wins and a better SOS than KY that are on the bubble. I don't buy that just because they are KY that should help and I don't want them in if that is the only reason. JMO

KENTUCKY does mean something, if it comes down to a couple of bubble teams. $$$$ also counts in the thought process.

$$$ is a deciding factor in a lot of NCAA decisions.

IMO it would be silly to say no. Why would anyone turn down the opportunity to practice more and expose your players to more game environments? Yea Harris Stevenson and Porter may be at a wall in their development but what about Miller, Galloway, Liggins and Stewart? I guarantee those players will do nothing but get better the more they play, which is one reason I get a little aggravated that they didn't play more in the beginning of the year, but their playing now and getting better every game so I say play on, no matter where it's at...

What teams in recent years have turned down an NIT bid? I believe Maryland and Georgetown did a couple of years ago, but can't think of any others in recent memory.

Didn't Louisville decline back in the Crum days?

What teams in recent years have turned down an NIT bid? I believe Maryland and Georgetown did a couple of years ago, but can't think of any others in recent memory.

 

Didn't Williams say that they were not going to go into the NIT, only to end up going into it because of the venue location? I think they lost in the first round.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.