Rose Hill 57 West Carter 43

Could be that Rose Hill's defence intensity stepped-up to another level tonight. R. Hill had several deflections and a lot of blocked shots.

Another poor night from officials, looked up at clock and R H 9 fouls and West 1(first quarter). Also, since when is it a foul to go strait up and get a rebound when someone is behind you sealed off)? Every one in gym saw that call.

Rose Hill did play good defense. But I don't think it was great. I think senior night had something to do with it. I know they missed 3 or 4 wide open layups and Rayburn who is only a sophmore had 17, and most of West other players are seniors. On the fouls it was 9 to 1 at the start, but it ended up at 22 a piece with West having two starters fouling out to Rose Hill's none. Good win for the Hill and I think if Gregg can play that much in the district they will beat Ashland. He has really developed into a very good player, West didnt have an answer for him and I would say he was only about 2/3 strength at best.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't pick West.... but I sure thought they were the second best team in the region. Starting to believe I was wrong. There seems to be an opening there. I am sure there will be some quality applicants (East, RH,.....)!

Good Job RH!

When a team (West Carter) only makes 30% of their shots I wouldn't think they would be hard to beat. Don't look for them to be that off in post season play. Congrats to Rose Hill but if West had been on....a different story most likely.

When a team (West Carter) only makes 30% of their shots I wouldn't think they would be hard to beat. Don't look for them to be that off in post season play. Congrats to Rose Hill but if West had been on....a different story most likely.

Why not give credit to the RH defenders for holding WC to 30% shooting, rather than give them a left-handed compliment. Congrats, but if...?

Why not give credit to the RH defenders for holding WC to 30% shooting, rather than give them a left-handed compliment. Congrats, but if...?

Thats what I was thinking. I'm sure Rose Hill played a part in WC's poor offensive performance. Congrats to Rose Hill, you guys have a bright future.