8th Region: District tourney outlooks and predicitons

Looks like someone has to get this thread going...how's this for starters?:

29th - South Oldham over Oldham County OC won the regular season meeting at Oldham in 2OT on a controversial buzzer-beating three by Audri Beaudrie. Both teams have improved incredibly since then...but Frank Wright's squad may have made the most strides and may be a little deeper. Game will be played at Oldham. South will be a heavy favorite over North Oldham and Oldham will be favored over Trimble. South Oldham 55, Oldham County 48

30th - Anderson in a cakewalk over a very young Eminence team and Shelby holds serve vs. Spencer in round 1 in a rematch of a very close regular season game. Games are at Anderson. Shelby-Spencer will be an interesting affair as Spencer - rightfully - thinks they should have had Shelby earlier in the year. My pick: Anderson 51, Shelby 44

31st - Carroll hosts and as the #1 seed plays #4 Henry. Look for the Lady Panthers to be in the final. Owen vs. Gallatin in the other game is a true toss-up. Gallatin has really improved this year, but lost to Owen twice in the regular season - but by only 2 points last time around. Overall, though, Gallatin is the better shooting team, and their seniors seem to be making more contributions. Gallatin vs. Carroll in the final...I want to pick Gallatin here, but Carroll's won 10 of 13, with two of their three losses in 2009 coming by 2 to Oldham and 2 to Gallatin (third loss was by 15 to South Oldham)...Carroll knows they can beat Gallatin, having beaten the Lady Wildcats two of three times this year...yet they have the motivation generated by losing to Gallatin by 2 in the All-A final. Playing on their home court: Carroll County 48, Gallatin County 46

32nd - at Williamstown. SK won't be slowed by Grant en route to the final - the Lady Pioneers haven't lost a district or region game yet, and won't in the district tournament. Williamstown vs. Walton-Verona is a very interesting matchup. They've split two games, with W-V winning the last meeting by 9. W-town has struggled since winning their first two games of 2009; they've lost 8 of their last 10. Walton-Verona, meanwhile, has won six of seven with their lone loss to SK during that period. They've beaten Owen, Gallatin, and Williamstown during that stretch. The home court will help, but I think this W-V team is beginning to get it all together. Final Game: SK 60, Walton-Verona 40

In the Districts this year, there will be a number of possible "UPSETS", as the 8th is so incredibly young this year. Wouldn't be horribly surprised, for example, to see Henry vs. Owen in the 31st...or Spencer vs. Anderson in the 30th... Nobody is a huge district favorite except SK...

In the region, Simon Kenton is the huge favorite.

2nd Tier: Anderson County, South Oldham

Might make it to the final, but not likely to win it all: Oldham County, Shelby County, Carroll County, Gallatin County, Walton-Verona

Nice info ..just 1 correction on the Carroll info..they lost by 5 to South Oldham at South.

I would like to see W-town make the tourney.. it would be nice for their Seniors.

I predict SO in the 29th, based on playing both teams and the depth of SO.

Shelby vs Spencer and Owen vs. Gallatin are going to be the nail biters. I think that Spencer could pull it out.

Nice info ..just 1 correction on the Carroll info..they lost by 5 to South Oldham at South.

I would like to see W-town make the tourney.. it would be nice for their Seniors.

I predict SO in the 29th, based on playing both teams and the depth of SO.

Shelby vs Spencer and Owen vs. Gallatin are going to be the nail biters. I think that Spencer could pull it out.

You are correct. Score was South Oldham 42, Carroll County 37. Got caught typing too fast...thanks!

Great win by South Oldham last night over Anderson...particularly since the top three South scorers were all freshmen!

I also agree that the first round district games to see are Owen vs. Gallatin and Spencer vs. Shelby...both should be real nail-biters...

You are correct. Score was South Oldham 42, Carroll County 37. Got caught typing too fast...thanks!

Great win by South Oldham last night over Anderson...particularly since the top three South scorers were all freshmen!

I also agree that the first round district games to see are Owen vs. Gallatin and Spencer vs. Shelby...both should be real nail-biters...

I do think that North Oldham is much improved than when they played South Oldham earlier in the year. It was an easy win for South but they should not take them lightly. Bryant for North Oldham keeps improving and they have made some strides as of late.

More 8th region parity this year than there has been for several seasons. There will be games at several sites that should be well worth the price of admission. So get off of the couch, get out of the recliner, and go buy a ticket and get a bag or popcorn!

1) Simon Kenton 2)Walton-Verona

(SK is steady, tested, strong and experienced)

1) ??? Carroll Co. / Galatin Co. / Owen Co. ???

(This district is up for grabs; whoever is hot, healthy and a bit lucky on the right night will cut

down the nets)

1) Anderson Co. 2) Shelby Co.

(Spencer harbors hope to avenge their controversial loss to Shelby Co.; Shelby has such gret

tradition that it might inspire improved play; Anderson must overcome its internal turnoil)

1) ??? Oldham Co. / South Oldham ???

(Oldham hosts and is the site of the early season, game ending controversial win over SOHS; an

improved North Oldham has hopes of redemption against South)

Looks like someone has to get this thread going...how's this for starters?:

29th - South Oldham over Oldham County OC won the regular season meeting at Oldham in 2OT on a controversial buzzer-beating three by Audri Beaudrie. Both teams have improved incredibly since then...but Frank Wright's squad may have made the most strides and may be a little deeper. Game will be played at Oldham. South will be a heavy favorite over North Oldham and Oldham will be favored over Trimble. South Oldham 55, Oldham County 48

30th - Anderson in a cakewalk over a very young Eminence team and Shelby holds serve vs. Spencer in round 1 in a rematch of a very close regular season game. Games are at Anderson. Shelby-Spencer will be an interesting affair as Spencer - rightfully - thinks they should have had Shelby earlier in the year. My pick: Anderson 51, Shelby 44

31st - Carroll hosts and as the #1 seed plays #4 Henry. Look for the Lady Panthers to be in the final. Owen vs. Gallatin in the other game is a true toss-up. Gallatin has really improved this year, but lost to Owen twice in the regular season - but by only 2 points last time around. Overall, though, Gallatin is the better shooting team, and their seniors seem to be making more contributions. Gallatin vs. Carroll in the final...I want to pick Gallatin here, but Carroll's won 10 of 13, with two of their three losses in 2009 coming by 2 to Oldham and 2 to Gallatin (third loss was by 15 to South Oldham)...Carroll knows they can beat Gallatin, having beaten the Lady Wildcats two of three times this year...yet they have the motivation generated by losing to Gallatin by 2 in the All-A final. Playing on their home court: Carroll County 48, Gallatin County 46

32nd - at Williamstown. SK won't be slowed by Grant en route to the final - the Lady Pioneers haven't lost a district or region game yet, and won't in the district tournament. Williamstown vs. Walton-Verona is a very interesting matchup. They've split two games, with W-V winning the last meeting by 9. W-town has struggled since winning their first two games of 2009; they've lost 8 of their last 10. Walton-Verona, meanwhile, has won six of seven with their lone loss to SK during that period. They've beaten Owen, Gallatin, and Williamstown during that stretch. The home court will help, but I think this W-V team is beginning to get it all together. Final Game: SK 60, Walton-Verona 40

In the Districts this year, there will be a number of possible "UPSETS", as the 8th is so incredibly young this year. Wouldn't be horribly surprised, for example, to see Henry vs. Owen in the 31st...or Spencer vs. Anderson in the 30th... Nobody is a huge district favorite except SK...

In the region, Simon Kenton is the huge favorite.

2nd Tier: Anderson County, South Oldham

Might make it to the final, but not likely to win it all: Oldham County, Shelby County, Carroll County, Gallatin County, Walton-Verona

You have done your homework, CM!

Owen will be hard to beat. They really want to defend their district champs title from last year.

They are going to have to get by GC first...no easy task. I think this is going to be a very good match-up. I am not sure how it will come out.