Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Jon Hood

Featured Replies

I haven't seen him this season, but have seen enough of him on the AAU circuit to know he's going to be VERY good over his 4 years at UK. Plays very hard, and has a great basketball IQ...

 

 

How athletic is Hood? By comparison sake where would you place him if you were to compare him in between Rex Chapman and J J Redick? Or does he fall far below both players?

He's a very good player that UK will have to put some weight on to prepare him for the SEC physical play. Can see a possible red shirt for him his freshman year.

 

That's the only beef I have with him is he's too skinny. Otherwise he's fantastic. He'll get that extra 25 pounds of muscle once in college. :thumb:

He's a very good player that UK will have to put some weight on to prepare him for the SEC physical play. Can see a possible red shirt for him his freshman year.

 

No way will he be a redshirt his freshmen year. Nobody that is a top 50 player in the country redshirts thier freshmen year unless they are injured. I see him getting about 10 mins a game as a freshmen.

How athletic is Hood? By comparison sake where would you place him if you were to compare him in between Rex Chapman and J J Redick? Or does he fall far below both players?

I wouldn't say far below, but he's not an exceptional athlete...

I wouldn't say far below, but he's not an exceptional athlete...

 

Agreed. In fact, he's a little gawky at first glance. But he's a pretty smooth player.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Hood is primarily a shooter, right? That's exactly what Kentucky is lacking to compliment Meeks, so I think he has a shot at coming in and contributing early.

 

Heck, Landon Slone got 25 minutes a game, twice. I think all of the freshman, being that their Gillispie's 1st true recruiting class, will get a great opportunity to play early on. What they do with it is up to them (or BCG :idunno:).

  • Author

I had heard that Hood was the only returning starter of last years team. That's pretty impressive numbers so far this season. I would imagine that he will get an opportunity to play at UK as a Freshman. You can never have enough shooters, especially the way UK, aside from Meeks shoots the basketball.

He's a very good player that UK will have to put some weight on to prepare him for the SEC physical play. Can see a possible red shirt for him his freshman year.

 

 

No way.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.