Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2009 Frankfort

Featured Replies

What does Frankfort need to do to improve in 2009? What do they need to keep doing to be successful? Remember, please be constructive.

  • Replies 49
  • Views 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Frankfort should be fighting again for a chance to play in Bowling Green. They return 8 starters on offense and 9 on defense. Quan Weaver will be asked to carry the load.

 

Offensive Improvements:

FHS must continue to work on throing the Football. Junior QB Dylan Quinn will take over the duties at QB. He is more of a passer than runner. So FHS will have to adjust the offensive scheme some to fit the throwing abilty of Quinn. With a pair of 6'3 wideouts should make for easy targets.

 

Other improvements will be the o-line. With 4 starters returning this group of juniors should have a solid year and will be the key to Frankfort getting to Bowling Green.

 

Defensive Improvements

 

Get better at run fits.

 

Overall - FHS will spend this off season working on flexability and speed training.

Tackling is definately an area of improvement Frankfort will need to focus on to continue heading in the right direction.

 

Need to really get the killer instinct definsively and play with a mean streak.

 

Showing up at the ball with "Bad Intentions" is going to be key to stepping up the physicality that is needed.

They have upgraded the shower room for the players...It looks like the Ramada Inn....:dancingpa

They have upgraded the shower room for the players...It looks like the Ramada Inn....:dancingpa

 

Several other facility upgrades are on the way. Last season the weight room and locker rooms received work. This winter the showers have been up graded and soon the Coaches office and film room will get some work.

 

People are starting to understand you have to make up grades to move forward.

Good for FHS, alot of wins and very little improvements so far, glad they are getting some stuff.

  • Author
Several other facility upgrades are on the way. Last season the weight room and locker rooms received work. This winter the showers have been up graded and soon the Coaches office and film room will get some work.

 

People are starting to understand you have to make up grades to move forward.

Coach, I saw that Frankfort will be visiting Raceland on August 22 for a scrimmage. I am looking forward to seeing that. I have heard a lot about Weaver, this should be a good measuring stick for both 1A schools in 2009.

 

Thoughts?

Coach, I saw that Frankfort will be visiting Raceland on August 22 for a scrimmage. I am looking forward to seeing that. I have heard a lot about Weaver, this should be a good measuring stick for both 1A schools in 2009.

 

Thoughts?

 

Looking forward to the trip. We feel good about our potential. We still have a lot of work to do. Should be a solid scrimmage and hopefully both teams get a lot of work done that day.

 

Weaver is good back. Several D-1 schools have been calling and visiting. Hope he stays grounded. Kid I look to take off this season is Tilman at Wide-out. Should be able to get him the ball a little more.

  • Author
Looking forward to the trip. We feel good about our potential. We still have a lot of work to do. Should be a solid scrimmage and hopefully both teams get a lot of work done that day.

 

Weaver is good back. Several D-1 schools have been calling and visiting. Hope he stays grounded. Kid I look to take off this season is Tilman at Wide-out. Should be able to get him the ball a little more.

Raceland will be replacing quite of few players. I think this scrimmage may be a opportunity for some maturity for some of the new starters. And, Weaver should give our defense some quality work. Should be a good day of work for both teams.

FRankfort can write there ticket with the players they have. Just give Q the ball and watch him go.

Frankfort High has to be one of the favorites to win the Class A State Championship.

Frankfort High has to be one of the favorites to win the Class A State Championship.

 

All roads go through NKY. So I say "The Wood" is favorite then everyone else is a distant 2nd.

All roads go through NKY. So I say "The Wood" is favorite then everyone else is a distant 2nd.

 

I would have to 2nd that........:thumb:

I think Frankfort should hit the weight room which I know they will. I also think the passing game will open it up alot for Weaver.

 

I'll be working with Tillman this spring.

I know FHS had a nice JV QB that can flat wing the long ball well, and with Tillman at white out that can be dangerous.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.