Simon Kenton 73 Grant County 60

SK played with passion tonight, and had the lead for most of the game. Sorrell scored 21 in the first half, finishing with 28 and also hit the boards hard. Langdon Barnes made a few great drives to the hoop for the Neers in the 2nd half extending the SK lead. Things could get interesting in district 32 if WV can beat the Braves.

Hats off to Simon Kenton. They just played better than Grant tonight. I thought Grant played pretty good, Simon just played better. Would be interested to see what would have happened if Grant would have had their leading scorer playing??? Great game and the 32nd District is going to be a good one.

I agree I thought we Grant played good but without Kinman it seemed the offense at time was sluggish. Thought that Thompson played great in 1st half, did not touch the ball enough in 2nd half. Livingood played well crashing the boards and driving to the basket. We did turn the ball over too much. Got to give credit to SK, Sorrell was lights out and SK beat Grant off the dribble. Davis getting in foul trouble early in the 1st hurt alot as well. Braves will be fine just have to find their groove again. I will say it again that I beleive the key to their early success was good defense and ball movement. Early on in the season we shot a lot of open look 3's due to ball movement, we seem to be shooting too many three point shots that are contested, and I counted 4 trips in a row last night we made 1 pass or less after the ball went past half court and not in transition. Patience needs to become a strong suite down the stretch and finishing at the basket, we have too many slashers not to be attacking and crashing the boards. I know coach Kinmon will get them back to where they were early on. Remember it is not how you start but how you finish guys. Again congrats to SK nice win.

Edited by BRAVES1
misspelled words

Hats off to Simon Kenton. They just played better than Grant tonight. I thought Grant played pretty good, Simon just played better. Would be interested to see what would have happened if Grant would have had their leading scorer playing??? Great game and the 32nd District is going to be a good one.

From what I saw, I don't think it would have made a bit of difference. The Braves just don't guard people.

From what I saw, I don't think it would have made a bit of difference. The Braves just don't guard people.

Is that why very few teams have scored over 60 agianst them? I don't know if you were there for the first game but if Grant played defense the way they did the second half of SK and Grants first encounter, Grant wins by 10+. Grant just didn't guard this time around and it daggered them, and yes not having Cody Kinman on the floor made a difference in the game.

Something that I noticed was how well officiated the game was. There were some awkard moments with bookkeeping errors and Technicals at weird times that could have turned the crowd ugly. Whenever there is a close game, the crowd always finds a way to yell at refs, but I thought it was a very well officiated game.

Something that I noticed was how well officiated the game was. There were some awkard moments with bookkeeping errors and Technicals at weird times that could have turned the crowd ugly. Whenever there is a close game, the crowd always finds a way to yell at refs, but I thought it was a very well officiated game.

I would disagree. yes some weird situations but the pretty boy ref about choked on his whistle he blew it so much. I feel he has some issues with some of Grant's players and he makes it personal and I am not just talking about last nights game. Hilton almost called a charge and flipped it on the fly and made it a blocking foul when the game was still close and the three point play took some of the momentum from Grant. The old dude looked lost out there with the other two.

Edited by BRAVES1
misspelled words

I agree about the goofy ref. Yes, he is a little odd, but the calls that he does indeed make are always the correct call. Hilton did show some indecision, but the blocking foul was the correct call. I'd rather a ref get the call right and late then immediate and wrong. I am a GC fan and I think we all agree that they lost because SK played about the best they've played this year. Don't listen to anyone who claims that the refs blew the game, I still think that overall it was a well called game.

Oh I do not believe in blaming refs for any game and agree SK played agreat game and Grant did not. Grant will be fine. The 32nd will be an interesting one. Braves will see if they can bounce back and play against a great opponent in Shelby on Tuesday. Like to see the braves be more patience on offense and go back to locking people down on defense like they did early on.

I agree about the goofy ref. Yes, he is a little odd, but the calls that he does indeed make are always the correct call. Hilton did show some indecision, but the blocking foul was the correct call. I'd rather a ref get the call right and late then immediate and wrong. I am a GC fan and I think we all agree that they lost because SK played about the best they've played this year. Don't listen to anyone who claims that the refs blew the game, I still think that overall it was a well called game.

From where I was sitting it was a charge. I was amazed the "goofy" ref made calls from 70ft away when the other officials were right in front of the call. It was not a bad called game overall but Hilton and Buck did not call anything all night. The Braves will be the 1 seed in the district.