Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

How to put an Avatar on all your posts

Featured Replies

I also get the not GIF or JPG message.

 

We use Macs here and I think that my be the root of the problem.

 

Does anyone else use a Mac and have you had any problems?

  • Replies 68
  • Views 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Birdsfan

There are the two ways you can make an Avatar (small picture) appear on all of your posts.

 

 

To use an avatar from http://www.freeavatars.net or other internet site:

 

1. Go to http://www.freeavatars.net or another website.

 

2. If using freeavatars.net choose "Regular" from the menu.

 

3. Find a graphic you like and right click on it.

 

4. Click on "properties."

 

5. Make sure the avatar is no more than 80 x 80 pixels.

 

6. Click and drag to highlight the URL of the graphic.

 

7. Right click on the highlighted URL.

 

8. Click on "Copy."

 

9. Go back to BluegrassPreps.com

 

10. Click on the "user cp" button at the top of the page.

 

11. Click on "edit options."

 

12. Click on the "change avatar" button.

 

13. Click on "yes" to use custom avatars.

 

14. Right click on the grey URL box.

 

15. Click on "Paste."

 

16. Click on the "Submit Modifications" button.

 

17. YOU'RE DONE!

 

 

If you would like to use a graphic on your hard drive use this (much simpler) method:

 

1. Choose a graphic from your hard drive. (Make sure it's no larger than 80 x 80 pixels.)

 

2. Click on the "user cp" button at the top of the forum page on BluegrassPreps.

 

3. Click on "edit options."

 

4. Click on the "change avatar" button.

 

5. Click on "yes" to use custom avatars.

 

6. Click on the "Browse" button near the bottom of the page.

 

7. Find the file you want to use on your system using the browse window that pops up.

 

8. Click on the file name.

 

9. Click on "Open."

 

10. Click on the "Submit Modifications" button.

 

11. YOU'RE DONE!

I have gone through the whole process and I then get a bullitin that says something to the affect "cannot find the image be sure you have a valid URL". Any suggections?
  • Author

ACE - Which of the two methods are you trying?

The first method.

  • Author

Can you send me or post a link to the picture you're trying to use? Maybe if I try it, we can figure out what's wrong.

  • Author

Click on this picture and hit save picture as. Then save it somewhere on your hard drive. From there follow the second procedure and see if it works.

Birdsfan, you are a genious. That's quite a compliment coming from a technologically illiterate individual. Thanks!

Originally posted by ACE

Birdsfan, you are a genious. That's quite a compliment coming from a technologically illiterate individual. Thanks!

 

I agree! The last I heard Birdsfan was still calling Coach Mueller's offense.:D

  • Author

Not even with a 12-foot pole, would I touch that one...:lol:

Can anybody reduce this to 5000 bytes for me?

 

Dfenz avatar

  • Author

Dfenz - Try this.

Thank you Birdsfan!!! I hope this avatar is not too obnoxious!

can anybody help me make this my avator? i cant make it the right size and ive been trying all day!

  • Author

shs4life2406 - I've been working with this all evening and I'm afraid I'm not having any luck. The problem is that the aspect ratio is so wide that in order to keep it within the proper size,you have to make the train too small or too smashed to see. Maybe watusi or one of the other graphics wizards on here can have a go at it - Sorry I struck out!:(

It is probally too wide. When you make it the right size you will probally not be able to read it. I can make it small enough but it will not be moving. I will do that and post it on here so you can see.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.