January 17, 200917 yr Kind of surprising, definitely didn't see this one coming. Edited January 17, 200917 yr by inthesuite had to capitalize a word.
January 17, 200917 yr The Tampa Bay Buccaneers have introduced Raheem Morris as their new coach.That didn't take long. http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3840530 I'll let you start the new thread on it. I'm not real suprised. Suprised they let Gruden go but knew it had to either be becasue they didn't want to lose Morris (who the players absolutly LOVE) or to get Shannahan.
January 18, 200917 yr Did you all know that he hasn't won a playoff game since the Super Bowl...Yes. And I'm surprised this didn't happen sooner. Chucky was 60-57 as the Buc's head coach and really only had 2 good seasons. His first year with Dungy's team (15-4) and in 2005 (11-6). 2003, 2004, and 2006 were all losing seasons. Last year's collapse to the Giants in the playoffs, and this year's collapse in December is what cost Allen/Gruden their jobs. The Glazers fired Rich McKay and brought in Bruce Allen on Jon's bequest. Firing Allen without firing Gruden, or vise versa, was not going to work. If one went, they both had to go. Having said all that, the hiring of Morris over the coaches available has me scratching my head. Promoting Mark Dominick to GM might actually be a great move. Next season will be interesting.
January 18, 200917 yr The Glazers have taken a bath with Manchester United. They are hurting. I look for them to be selling pretty soon.
January 18, 200917 yr Piolei and Gruden would be a major upgrade in KC! I still wonder if Piolei will be able to get Cassell to come with him.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.