Top ranked teams from No Ky

Just curious but how do you know ESPN, Scout, and Rivals all agree? I'm not disagreeing but just wondering.

Besides the fact that I do work for a local Rivals site and am good friends with several of the scouts who evaluate the talent in this area, here are a few articles:

From ESPN.com:

• Covington (Ky.) Holmes 6-5 sophomore small forward Kevon Arnold is one to keep an eye on. He is a lefty slasher who attacks the lane and works the offensive glass. His upside is tremendous.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/recruiting/basketball/mens/news/story?id=3861179

"Kevon Arnold, a 6-foot-6 sophomore at Covington (Ky.) Holmes, has the look of a future Division-I prospect. He’s got a pair of long arm, attacks the rim with aggression and showed a nice looking floater."

"Kevon Arnold, Holmes – You might know him now, but this slick southpaw will be a household name in two years. Arnold is an integral part of the Bulldogs' bench as he bides his time filling in for a talented frontline. He has scored 35 of his 54 points this season in the team's last seven contests."

(If you want a link to those two, you're going to have to PM me.)

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Besides the fact that I do work for a local Rivals site and am good friends with several of the scouts who evaluate the talent in this area, here are a few articles:

From ESPN.com:

• Covington (Ky.) Holmes 6-5 sophomore small forward Kevon Arnold is one to keep an eye on. He is a lefty slasher who attacks the lane and works the offensive glass. His upside is tremendous.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/recruiting/basketball/mens/news/story?id=3861179

"Kevon Arnold, a 6-foot-6 sophomore at Covington (Ky.) Holmes, has the look of a future Division-I prospect. He’s got a pair of long arm, attacks the rim with aggression and showed a nice looking floater."

"Kevon Arnold, Holmes – You might know him now, but this slick southpaw will be a household name in two years. Arnold is an integral part of the Bulldogs' bench as he bides his time filling in for a talented frontline. He has scored 35 of his 54 points this season in the team's last seven contests."

(If you want a link to those two, you're going to have to PM me.)

No that's fine thank you.

I looked, and Holy Cross was No.1 for a short time period of the '94-'95 season after huge wins over Ballard and Mason County.

Yes, they actually beat these two in the Ashland Invitational. They actually beat Mason by 35 I think. Ballard was ranked #1 at the time also when the tribe beat them.

HC had a very good team that year! It's a shame they lost in the state quarter finals, I wish they would have won it. HC is I believe the only ninth region team to never lose the first riund of state.

It's tough to lose in the 1st round of state when ya can't make it to the region. :isurrender:

It's tough to lose in the 1st round of state when ya can't make it to the region. :isurrender:

You make a good point!

However, are you aware that HC has made it to the State Tournament 4 times and has 7 wins for a 7-4 all time record?

CCH on the other hand has gone 8 times and has 6 wins for an all time record of 6-8.

NCC has also gone 8 times and has a 5-9 overall record.

The only two teams in the 9th Region who have more state tourney wins than HC are Holmes (22) and Highlands (9).

HC may not make the regional as often as CCH, but when they do they perform much better.

I'll take quality over quantity in this case!

You make a good point!

However, are you aware that HC has made it to the State Tournament 4 times and has 7 wins for a 7-4 all time record?

CCH on the other hand has gone 8 times and has 6 wins for an all time record of 6-8.

NCC has also gone 8 times and has a 5-9 overall record.

The only two teams in the 9th Region who have more state tourney wins than HC are Holmes (22) and Highlands (9).

HC may not make the regional as often as CCH, but when they do they perform much better.

I'll take quality over quantity in this case!

Agree 100%:thumb::thumb::thumb: