Mountain teams and their schedules

Bronco99

Lynn Camp's 2009 Schedule:

Clay County @ Knox Central (Pioneer Bowl)

Whitley County

@ Lexington Christian

Pineville

Harlan

Campbellsville

@ Clinton County

Williamsburg

@ Berea

@ McCreary Central

I like this schedule compared to the last few years. Very tough tests early with WCHS and Lex. Christian. I look for Harlan to be better and the usual WHS/LCHS slugfest.Middlesboro, Hazard and Harlan County are gone. HCHS really beat us up early last year and I don't know that we ever fully recovered. CCHS without Lewis could be interesting out of the gate. District picks up the Pirates out of Berea. This could be a very balanced scheduled if the Cats are healthy and ready to go next season.:thumb:

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

????

Which other Pigskin Classic?

Corbin hosts one, so how can they be out?

Not sure what "Admiral's True" was referring to.:idunno: I have heard that Corbin will play Danville in this year's Cumberland Falls Pigskin Classic and will play Boyle Co. the following year, not sure who the other team is, maybe Mboro.

HCHS really beat us up early last year and I don't know that we ever fully recovered:thumb:

I remember when you had Harlan County in the win category this time last year.

I was pretty sure that wasn't going to happen.

Lynn Camp always has a very competitive schedule though, and Mitchell is one of my favorite coaches.

Corbin plays Danville in the pigskin and Pikeville will play Boyle. We play Harlan County the first regular season game.

You play Harlan, not Harlan County.

Harlan County is playing Southwestern in the Ray Correll Bowl.

I remember when you had Harlan County in the win category this time last year.

I was pretty sure that wasn't going to happen.

Lynn Camp always has a very competitive schedule though, and Mitchell is one of my favorite coaches.

No, HDE, I did not. I had that as one of the "toss up" games and said I did not know much about them at the time and said that "if" we had a chance to beat a team like HC with a school our size it would be in a game that they were just getting used to each other in.

I was worried about HCHS being on the schedule due to the numbers they threw at us and how physical they could possibly be. I never counted it as a win. I did, however, count the Dragons as a win, which we did beat. You have my Harlans from last year crossed up. I would not have picked us over them, but I did feel that if they were in the "honeymoon" period still we might be able to sneak up on them. They weren't and we didn't.:idunno:

I will say that they won't beat us this year, though!:D

Here's what I found that I did post last year from the 2008 Lynn Camp thread on here:

Harlan County is a new school with a new system. We catch them exaclly where you want to play a bigger school in this situation. 2nd week of the season, perhaps before they start to gel. THIS could be a very good game. Right now I am thinking toss up.

I did mention that Calpreps had favored LC in the LC/HCHS 2008 prediction thread. That was them, not me.

NOPE! You can keep those Black Bears right where they are. They about killed us last year!:isurrender:

This thread is getting a little confusing so allow me to clarify. The Big Apple said "I know Corbin plays Harlan their first game of the season." And you asked "Dragons or the HCHS Black Bears?" and I said "Dragons (to identify who is playing Corbin).... wanna trade one out? Berea?"........... I jokingly asked that in respect of Corbin's football program, thinking that the Harlan Dragons would be better off playing Berea.