Mountain teams and their schedules

Bronco99

I would like to know what schdule changes have been made by the teams from the mountains. Are their schedules tougher or easier or about the same. I just found out today what McCreary centrals 2009 schedule is and I think it is probably the toughest schedule they have ever had. That being said, it isn't even close to the toughest in the state and I am in no way saying that it is I just think it is a tribute to the groth of the Raiders program. Here is the Raiders 2009 schedule please share your teams schedule!

week 1 Pineville (My Laurel Bowl)

week 2 Wayne Co

week 3 Edmonson

week 4 Leslie Co

week5 Knox Central

week6 Madison Southern

week7 Powell Co

week8 Rockcastle Co

week9 Bell Co

week10 Lynn Camp

There it is and I hope I got the order correct but I am sure the teams are right. Now lets see everyone elses schedule and lets here the comments they have about their schedule!:dancingpa

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know Bell county loses Sheldon Clark, Tates Creek, Leslie and Volunteer Tn.

Picks up Marion County, Soddy Daisey Tn., Harlan Co. and a team from Tn called Alcoa???, :ylsuper:

Just kidding about not knowing who Alcoa is they are a great challenge for any team. ;)

I know Bell county loses Sheldon Clark, Tates Creek, Leslie and Volunteer Tn.

Picks up Marion County, Soddy Daisey Tn., Harlan Co. and a team from Tn called Alcoa???, :ylsuper:

Just kidding about not knowing who Alcoa is they are a great challenge for any team. ;)

Isn't that where Randall Cobb played?

Harlan Counties schedule:

All I really know about the order is Southwestern in a Bowl game to kick off the season and playing someone in Western KY in December!

Bell County is our last regular season game.

Southwestern

Leslie County

Lee, VA

Powell Valley, VA

District games

Perry Central

Letcher Central

Whitley County

Clay County

North Laurel

Bell

Yes and Lanxter at UK, Warren at UT and so on. They typically have a few D-1 players every year.

They seem to be a really balanced team when I go to my father in laws houseboat down in TN we sometimes catch them playing on TV, must be pretty solid I have seen them on TV a few times down there.

I would like to know what schdule changes have been made by the teams from the mountains. Are their schedules tougher or easier or about the same. I just found out today what McCreary centrals 2009 schedule is and I think it is probably the toughest schedule they have ever had. That being said, it isn't even close to the toughest in the state and I am in no way saying that it is I just think it is a tribute to the groth of the Raiders program. Here is the Raiders 2009 schedule please share your teams schedule!

week 2 Wayne Co

week 3 Edmonson

week 4 Leslie Co

week5 Knox Central

week6 Madison Southern

week7 Powell Co

week8 Rockcastle Co

week9 Bell Co

week10 Lynn Camp

There it is and I hope I got the order correct but I am sure the teams are right. Now lets see everyone elses schedule and lets here the comments they have about their schedule!:dancingpa

This is a very tough schedule for McCreary and it may well be a step in the right direction. If they can be competetive with this schedule, it will only make the program that much stronger. I like that McCreary is trying to take the next step. I hope they are more than competetive and I wish them luck. They are much overdue for good football in Stearns!!:thumb:

week 2 Wayne Co

week 3 Edmonson

week 4 Leslie Co

week5 Knox Central

week6 Madison Southern

week7 Powell Co

week8 Rockcastle Co

week9 Bell Co

week10 Lynn Camp

Good to see that McCreary is finally at the level that they can schedule better than 1A teams in their out of district schedule. Good luck next season.

They seem to be a really balanced team when I go to my father in laws houseboat down in TN we sometimes catch them playing on TV, must be pretty solid I have seen them on TV a few times down there.

They have won four state championships in a rwo in their class. In those 4 years they have only had four losses and all of them have been to Maryville who had the longest winning streak in history until they got beat in this years state title game. So Alcoa isn't too bad:laugh:

Leslie makes a HUGE downgrade in schedule this year. Taking all those freshmen to the schedule they did last year, really makes this year look like a promising year.

Week 1 Hazard H

Week 2 Clinton Co. A

Week 3 Harlan Co. H

Week 4 McCreary A

Week 5 Morgan Co. A

Week 6 Shelby Valley A

Week 7 Middlesboro H

Week 8 Knott Co. H

Week 9 Corbin A

Week 10 Perry Central A

Still a good schedule, but nothing like last years. They drop Bell, Letcher, Clay, North Laurel, Lynn Camp.

Replace them with Clinton Co., Morgan Co., Shelby Valley, Hazard, Harlan Co.

Leslie makes a HUGE downgrade in schedule this year. Taking all those freshmen to the schedule they did last year, really makes this year look like a promising year.

Week 1 Hazard H

Week 2 Clinton Co. A

Week 3 Harlan Co. H

Week 4 McCreary A

Week 5 Morgan Co. A

Week 6 Shelby Valley A

Week 7 Middlesboro H

Week 8 Knott Co. H

Week 9 Corbin A

Week 10 Perry Central A

Still a good schedule, but nothing like last years. They drop Bell, Letcher, Clay, North Laurel, Lynn Camp.

I agree this will help Leslie improve and give them confidence once again.

Week 1 Hazard H

Week 2 Clinton Co. A

Week 3 Harlan Co. H

Week 4 McCreary A

Week 5 Morgan Co. A

Week 6 Shelby Valley A

Week 7 Middlesboro H

Week 8 Knott Co. H

Week 9 Corbin A

Week 10 Perry Central A

Is Hazard losing a lot? Why are they a downgrade? Harlan County isn't much of a downgrade either,but of course I would say that! Glad to be playing Leslie, could turn into a nice rivalry

I don't necessarily think he was meaning that Hazard will be down or that Harlan County will be a cupcake....I think he was meaning that Clinton County, Morgan County, and Shelby Valley are what brings the toughness of the schedule down. All five of the schools that they're dropping are either really good teams or have the potential to be with some athletes.

Right, just the overrall schedule strength, record wise, is down. No disrespect to anyone. Just having to play all those 5A teams and the 4A state champs, with us on the borderline of 2A/1A, was a tough task when you only had 3 seniors and started 6 freshmen.