Covington Holy Cross 45 Newport 34

Both teams played somewhat sloppy the 1st half and HC went in winning 17-16. The third quarter was even until about 3 minutes left when HC went on a run led by Blake Trimpe. They controlled the fourth quarter getting a couple easy lay-ups and controlling the tempo. I'd guess that Trimpe led Holy Cross with around 20. For Newport it was probably pretty even with McDaniel leading the way with around 15. Again these are off memory as I don't know the official numbers.

Newport's offense is a disaster I don't understand the plays Russell comes up with. They have Darnell either at the top of the key or on the perimeter 95 percent of the time. They need to post him up and feed him the ball down low. This wasn't a fun game to watch at all very sloppy by both teams. Trimpe knocked down a few 3's in the 3rd and after that it was curtains for the Cats.

What happened with Greene and Tucker? Greene has been inactive the last 2 games not exactly sure why. If true that really delivers a blow to the Cats. Tucker has really been a head case the past few years it such a shame that talent is going to go to waste once again. Russell just cant seem to get it done down at Newport when will the higher ups put 2 and 2 together. Year in and year out talent has gone down the drain.

What happened with Greene and Tucker? Greene has been inactive the last 2 games not exactly sure why. If true that really delivers a blow to the Cats. Tucker has really been a head case the past few years it such a shame that talent is going to go to waste once again. Russell just cant seem to get it done down at Newport when will the higher ups put 2 and 2 together. Year in and year out talent has gone down the drain.

You can lead a horse to water .....