Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Marquis Teague

Featured Replies

Lots of rumblings out there that the younger brother of Wake's Jeff Teague is going to pick UL if he already hasn't given them a verbal. He's a 2011 PG and is considered by everyone to be at worst a Top 10 player in his class. His dad played for Pitino at Boston U, and the Cards have already landed several of his friends from the Indy area...

If he's talented like his brother, he will impact a program. What is his size GT?

  • Author
If he's talented like his brother, he will impact a program. What is his size GT?

Most consider him much farther along than Jeff at this early stage in their careers. He's around 6'1" and 170, and he has a frame that should easily add some muscle.

 

I didn't see Jeff that young but I have seen Marquis and he's going to be very, very good...

Most consider him much farther along than Jeff at this early stage in their careers. He's around 6'1" and 170, and he has a frame that should easily add some muscle.

 

I didn't see Jeff that young but I have seen Marquis and he's going to be very, very good...

 

 

With guys that young you never really know, but I wouldn't be complaining about picking him up if I were a UL fan.

  • Author
With guys that young you never really know, but I wouldn't be complaining about picking him up if I were a UL fan.

It's much easier to tell with guards over big men. When you see kids like Teague and Tony Wroten they just jump out at you even when they are on the floor with guys much older...

Most consider him much farther along than Jeff at this early stage in their careers. He's around 6'1" and 170, and he has a frame that should easily add some muscle.

 

I didn't see Jeff that young but I have seen Marquis and he's going to be very, very good...

:thumb: If his ball-handling and speed, compare to brother than he has a lot of upside.
It's much easier to tell with guards over big men. When you see kids like Teague and Tony Wroten they just jump out at you even when they are on the floor with guys much older...

 

While I agree it is easier to judge guards at an earlier age then big men, you have to look at guys like GJ Vilarino, who was highly thought of when he committed but now is pretty far down the rankings. Then there are guys like Anthony Crater at Ohio State (Now USF) who were one time cant miss recruits that are struggling to see the court. We shall see, but my personal opinion is Teague will be a very good player, wherever he chooses to go to school.

  • Author
While I agree it is easier to judge guards at an earlier age then big men, you have to look at guys like GJ Vilarino, who was highly thought of when he committed but now is pretty far down the rankings. Then there are guys like Anthony Crater at Ohio State (Now USF) who were one time cant miss recruits that are struggling to see the court. We shall see, but my personal opinion is Teague will be a very good player, wherever he chooses to go to school.

No doubt there are guys that peak early. A perfect example would be Trae Golden. He dominated the 15U circuit, but as he moved up his play went down. The nice thing about Teague and Wroten is they are already playing up in either the 16U or 17U level, and their performance hasn't dropped off...

I have a good feeling that he will end up at UofL. UofL has some very nice talent coming (hopefully) in the next couple of years.

No doubt there are guys that peak early. A perfect example would be Trae Golden. He dominated the 15U circuit, but as he moved up his play went down. The nice thing about Teague and Wroten is they are already playing up in either the 16U or 17U level, and their performance hasn't dropped off...

 

 

Trae Golden is the one I couldn't remember! Im angry with myself. :lol:

  • Author
Trae Golden is the one I couldn't remember! Im angry with myself. :lol:

That's why I get paid to know this stuff... :lol:

Wroten played football for the first time this year. Tore his ACL. Out 6 to 9 months.

The Indy Star is reporting that Teague will wait till the spring to decide where he is going to play. Also MM is reporting that he will be at BBM.

The Indy Star is reporting that Teague will wait till the spring to decide where he is going to play. Also MM is reporting that he will be at BBM.

 

If this is true, then that can't be a good sign for Ricky P. I was already expecting him to give a verbal to UL. The more time goes by, the more I start to wonder.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.