Slumdog Millionaire

Blue Magic

Yea this movie really did remind me of City of God, although I think I enjoyed SM more than CoG.

City of God just seemed like there was too much violence and shooting. Every other scene someone was getting shot. I dont enjoy watching some of that gruesome stuff.

Finally, someone else besides me that has seen City of God!!! The way I look it at is, CoG is a true story and from all accounts that is how it happened. I guess I just don't like taking the easy way out, I want things given to me how it happened, and if that includes violence, so be it.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

I watched it on Sunday. Thought it was a pretty good movie.

Having been to India a few times, it still a heart jerker when you see those kids out begging on the streets knowing they're probably not begging for themselves but for some guy standing on the corner in nice clothes and a fat wallet.

• 4 weeks later...
I have heard nothing but good things about this movie. Can someone give me a little review of what its about?

Saw it last night for the first time. My wife can never stay awake past 10pm on a weeknight, but this movie kept her entranced the entire time. Just a remarkable film.

Story is about an 18 year old Indian orphan who is on India's version of Who Wants to be a Millionaire but is suspected of cheating. But that is just where he is now. It constantly flashes back to his life growing up from when his mother is killed and all that he and his brother Salim go through. Just an absolutely remarkable story and film.

I believe I have to buy this one now on DVD. I didn't know what to expect. The best movie I have seen in several years.

Saw it last night for the first time. My wife can never stay awake past 10pm on a weeknight, but this movie kept her entranced the entire time. Just a remarkable film.

Story is about an 18 year old Indian orphan who is on India's version of Who Wants to be a Millionaire but is suspected of cheating. But that is just where he is now. It constantly flashes back to his life growing up from when his mother is killed and all that he and his brother Salim go through. Just an absolutely remarkable story and film.

I believe I have to buy this one now on DVD. I didn't know what to expect. The best movie I have seen in several years.

Agreed. I love how the flash-backs always connect to what's happening in the movie. There not just random, incoherent flash backs.