Slumdog Millionaire

Blue Magic

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's the premise of this movie? Seems to me, I remember someone else mentioning that it was a great movie, but I cannot for the life of me remember what it's supposed to be about.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1010048/synopsis

An 18 year-old Indian orphan is on the brink of winning his country's version of "Who Wants to be a Millionaire", but is suspected of cheating.

It sounds kind of stupid, but if everyone has said its so good, then I'm down for going to see ittt.

I thought the synopsis of it sounded kind of lame too, but thats not really what its all about.

The "Who wants to be a Millionaire" part just gives the movie a backbone.

lol I can't go watch it now, because I have class in the AM and I'm pretty sure Florence Deluxe is closed, BUT I will look into going to see it this weekend or something.
You won't regret it. Like Blue Magic said, the premise isn't the game show. It's growing up in the slums of a 3rd world country and what goes with it.

It has similar themes as City of God (one of my top ten favorites), but I will admit, it isn't nearly as good as City of God.

You won't regret it. Like Blue Magic said, the premise isn't the game show. It's growing up in the slums of a 3rd world country and what goes with it.

It has similar themes as City of God (one of my top ten favorites), but I will admit, it isn't nearly as good as City of God.

Yea this movie really did remind me of City of God, although I think I enjoyed SM more than CoG.

City of God just seemed like there was too much violence and shooting. Every other scene someone was getting shot. I dont enjoy watching some of that gruesome stuff.