Bath County 78 Raceland 72

Racealand is very young and it took them the first half of the season to gain some experience. They are not a bad team, just young with only two seniors, only one senior that had ever played before. Raceland is gaining some experience and looking a lot better now.

Congratulations to Bath County they are having a great season so far. Good luck to them in the rest of the season.

Where was this game played. Even though they did not win good showing for Raceland.

I constantly hear that there are no moral victories. Maybe so, but I believe this showing in Owingsville indicates that Raceland is heading in the right direction.:thumb:

I constantly hear that there are no moral victories. Maybe so, but I believe this showing in Owingsville indicates that Raceland is heading in the right direction.:thumb:

I agree, us Raceland fans have been waiting patiently, we knew it was going to take the first part of the season for this team to mature and learn to play together. That was proven by the large numbers of turnovers in the season, until about a week ago. Raceland is going to be OK come district tournament time, but we knew the early season was going to be rough.

Raceland has two seniors, one has never played basketball before. Three juniors, one just transferred in, and has improved a lot and learned to play with his new team. The rest of the team is freshmen and sophomores. They are going to be good, but there is only one way to gain experience, and that is to play. They have gained some valuable experience, and have improved a great deal.

Thanks for your kind words and seeing what has happened over the early season for Raceland.

Even more impressive for Raceland. Bath is a hard team to figure out.

This week Bath struggled against two teams with weaker records but eventually won. And they also soundly defeated Mongtomery Co. It may not be so hard to figure out. They weren't terribly pumped about home games against Rowan and Raceland (and probably weren't expecting really strong performances by Morrison of Rowan and Boyles of Raceland). But they did what winners do and found a way to win. By all accounts the Montgomery Co. game was a strange affair, but Bath played strong, even if the officiating could have been better.

I'm not a Bath fan, but they have won my respect. Like a lot of high school teams, they perhaps need to be more consistent in their play, but they do one thing very consistently: WIN.

from the Lex. Herald:

Bath Co. 78 Raceland 72

Raceland 18 21 8 25 72

Bath Co. 20 20 16 22 78

Raceland (5-7) -- Boyles 46, Barker 16, Selvege 4, Jackson 2, Farley 2,

Barr 1, Hieneman 1.

Bath Co. (10-2) -- Maze 21, Metz 19, Trusty 16, Lyons 11, Smith 4, Mabry 4, Stump 2.

from the Lex. Herald:

Bath Co. 78 Raceland 72

Raceland 18 21 8 25 72

Bath Co. 20 20 16 22 78

Raceland (5-7) -- Boyles 46, Barker 16, Selvege 4, Jackson 2, Farley 2,

Barr 1, Hieneman 1.

Bath Co. (10-2) -- Maze 21, Metz 19, Trusty 16, Lyons 11, Smith 4, Mabry 4, Stump 2.

Is that correct?? Boyles had 46 points?? He must have been on fire!!!!