Maxpreps Rankings

I'd say playing in the state championship game last year in front of 20,000 fans is much more intense....

I agree, the state championship was intense, also had Darius and few others to lean on. Rupp Arena could seat 24,000 with 20,000 in attendance, Elliott's gym seats less than 1000, and you may have 5000 fans that want in, just will be diffrent with people standing right on top of you, and who knows what you could see or hear.:idunno: :scared:

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree, the state championship was intense, also had Darius and few others to lean on. Rupp Arena could seat 24,000 with 20,000 in attendance, Elliott's gym seats less than 1000, and you may have 5000 fans that want in, just will be diffrent with people standing right on top of you, and who knows what you could see or hear.:idunno: :scared:

EC gym seats 1000?

I agree it will be a tough atmosphere because Elliott's gym is so small...I was just stating they've played in tough atmospheres before in front of big crowds.

I agree it will be a tough atmosphere because Elliott's gym is so small...I was just stating they've played in tough atmospheres before in front of big crowds.

Remember, you are playing @ a place that this is a once in a lifetime team.

Edited by STRIKE3
edited content

Remember, you are playing @ a place that this is a once in a lifetime team.

This might be true, but Mason is a top 5 program in the state. They just played at SC and the game went to the wire. Mason will bring it and won't back down. They are the defending state champs, and for the record I'm not a Mason fan, but I respect the way they play. On a side note didn't they come to Cov. and beat Cov. Cath. Have you ever seen Cov. Cath. student section at home. It's like nothing in the state the best I've ever seen, and Mason handled it well.

Edited by STRIKE3
edited quote content

This might be true, but Mason is a top 5 program in the state. They just played at SC and the game went to the wire. Mason will bring it and won't back down. They are the defending state champs, and for the record I'm not a Mason fan, but I respect the way they play. On a side note didn't they come to Cov. and beat Cov. Cath. Have you ever seen Cov. Cath. student section at home. It's like nothing in the state the best I've ever seen, and Mason handled it well.

Correct. Playing at Covcath is much tougher than playing at EC..hands down. CCH is the toughest place to play in the state IMO.

Yeah Mason Co played @ Cov Cath early in December and won by around 20.

I was at that game. Mason played well in a tough environment. I can't imagine EC being anywhere close to the atmosphere of Covcath. Anyone who has seen the Colonel Crazies at state knows why.

I was at that game. Mason played well in a tough environment. I can't imagine EC being anywhere close to the atmosphere of Covcath. Anyone who has seen the Colonel Crazies at state knows why.

The Colonel Crazies are amazing. As a Bulldog fan I have always been jealous of Cov. Cath student section. They will come to your home court and take over. With that said Mason is better than a lot of people think if Rus is hot things will get real sticky in Sandy Hook.

The cheering section can only do so much. The best fans in the state notwithstanding, we are 3-10 this year. I don't think the Royals' ability to get out of Park Hills with a W early this year will necessarily forcast their ability to overcome the Elliott County crowd...:D and the Elliott County team.:D:D

As of 1/8/09:

1. Scott Co (11-3)

2. Holmes (13-1)

3. Eastern (14-1)

4. Boone Co. (9-2)

5. Elliott Co. (12-1)

Rest of Rankings:

http://www.maxpreps.com/national/basketball/rankings.aspx?gendersport=boys,basketball&urpath=,list&state=ky&myranktype=state&mystate=ky

Thoughts?

If I am not mistaken the record for Franklin County is 9-2, rather than 9-3.