Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

8th Region All-A

Featured Replies

I've been around the 8th region for a looong time and I don't think I've ever seen the A tornament so evenly matched. Is there no real favorite? Who's playing good right now? I've seen almost all the teams this year and I couldn't pick this one so far. I'm sure it will be a barn burner through and through. I feel the Wed. night games will be hotly contested as well as Tues. This year reminds me of the late-mid 90s and how down to the wire all those were.

  • Replies 38
  • Views 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Carroll County is the host, correct? That could be a big advantage for them.

Henry County always hosts the 8th region tourney, there not doing so bad this year.

Edited by Ram
Rule 13

henry county always hosts the 8th region tourney, there not doing so bad this year

 

That's the state regional in March. This thread is the 8th Region All "A" Classic, which is in a couple weeks. That tournament is at Carroll County.

 

Below is the bracket:

 

Tuesday, January 20

6:00 - Walton-Verona vs. Williamstown

7:30 - Owen County vs. Eminence

 

Wednesday, January 21

6:00 - Gallatin County vs. Carroll County

7:30 - Trimble County vs. Henry County

 

Friday, January 23

6:00 - Tuesday winners

7:30 - Wednesday winners

 

Saturday, January 24

7:00 - Championship

Although Owen underperformed early on, I like the Rebels' chances in this tournament...if I had to pick. But Henry and Trimble have looked good at times this year, and so have W-V and Carroll. There will be absolutely no room for error in this tournament.

 

Have to think Gallatin will be at a bit of a disadvantage with Maddox out.

I believe Owen has to best chance this year. But you can't count out Gallatin they are the defending champs. Also if Walton comes out making thier 3's they could be very dangerous.

Edited by Ram
Rule 13

I look for Owen Co. to win it.

Although Owen underperformed early on, I like the Rebels' chances in this tournament...if I had to pick. But Henry and Trimble have looked good at times this year, and so have W-V and Carroll. There will be absolutely no room for error in this tournament.

 

Have to think Gallatin will be at a bit of a disadvantage with Maddox out.

 

I'd be willing to bet he will be back in full force for the Class "A". Don't count the Cats out yet. :thumb:

I'd be willing to bet he will be back in full force for the Class "A". Don't count the Cats out yet. :thumb:

 

Last I heard, he was out pretty much for the month of January. Is that not the case now?

Last I heard, he was out pretty much for the month of January. Is that not the case now?

 

Close sources say that he'll be back in time for class "A" action.

Close sources say that he'll be back in time for class "A" action.

 

Having talked to some from GC at the girls game last night, I don't see how he could possibly be back by March 1, much less next week. His injury is pretty severe from what they said. Isn't it a cracked pelvis or something along those lines? I hope the kid recovers overnight but that injury isn't something to rush or mess around with.

This is really unfortunate for Trent, he has had a rough Sr. season. I can only begin to appreciate the hard work he has put in over the years for this moment in time. I hope anyone that has shown interest in recruiting him continues to do so he deserves the opportunity to purse his dreams. Good Luck on a speedy recovery. I hope to see you lace em up next Wed. against Carroll in the All A.

Maddox is out for the year from what I have heard. Santa Claus is moving from the North to the South Pole also. Watch out for Gallatin with or without Maddox they have won it 3 straight years and that means a lot come this time of year.

Having talked to some from GC at the girls game last night, I don't see how he could possibly be back by March 1, much less next week. His injury is pretty severe from what they said. Isn't it a cracked pelvis or something along those lines? I hope the kid recovers overnight but that injury isn't something to rush or mess around with.

 

Must not be talking to the right people.

Having talked to some from GC at the girls game last night, I don't see how he could possibly be back by March 1, much less next week. His injury is pretty severe from what they said. Isn't it a cracked pelvis or something along those lines? I hope the kid recovers overnight but that injury isn't something to rush or mess around with.

 

It is a chipped pelvis and he is not even using crutches anymore.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.