Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Best Defender

Featured Replies

^ pretty solid. He has changed the whole complexion of the MC D now that he is back in the line-up afte missing the first couple of games

  • Replies 32
  • Views 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It depends on what position you're trying to lockdown. Highlands George Grote is the best in Northern Ky he did a number on Russ Middleton earlier this year plus he's versitale. He can guard PG, SG, and SF. He has the strength and quickness to guard bigger players and as someone posted earlier he will run through a wall to get a loose ball.

George Grote- Highlands in the 9th.

 

GeLawn Guyn - Scott Co

Who in your mind is the best defender in the state? The defender could be a "shut down" defender, shot blocker, or stealing defender.

 

Keith Downing Mason County

Keith Downing Mason County

 

He play in the Highlands game? Never mind, I see he did not play

He play in the Highlands game? Never mind, I see he did not play

 

Which is one reason why Highlands won...

This is a really tough question, because everyone has their own definition of a great defender. Some players can only guard players their own size, while others can guard people that are much bigger or smaller (and quicker) than them.

 

I would say that Keith Downing is a great all-around defender for the Royals. He can guard almost anyone and is usually assigned to the other team's best offensive player, even last year when Mason County had Darius. He is much stronger than he looks and is very long, which gives opposing players fits. I would say he is one of the top defenders in the state.

George Grote- Highlands in the 9th.

 

GeLawn Guyn - Scott Co[/quote]

 

Best I've seen.

They pretty much shut whoever they guard down. They are like the energizer bunny!

 

I second that emotion (I mean motion). Both are 6'1' but can guard and defend much bigger players very well. Evan always gets the hard assignments with 6'8" Euton and players much taller than him. When he sees a little ole 6'3" guard his eyes light up. Not trying to boast, but Elliott's entire team defense with pressure, traps, and help side defense is among the best. And the few times they do get beat with the press you are usually left staring at a big 6'7" athletic sophomore who is chomping at the bits to swat it down. Against Hood in pre-season Elliott switched up with who guarded him and each one brought something different to the table, but Evan got the majority of the assignment.

Best inside defensive man is Elijah Pittman. Can block every shot and plays great inside post defense. Ask Euton

The 2 best ones I have seen in recent memory is Arrez Henderson from Holmes and Jimmy Warren from Scott Co. Both were as good as they come at shutting someone down. Ge'lawn Guyn is the best I have seen this year. Although I believe Hicks at Franklin Co. can be very good at it. Also I have seen Holmes play 3 times now and against Scott Co. Pittman was a force on defense. But the other 2 games I watched he was not.

For a man 5'8" tall Ryan Williams from GRC is one of the toughest in the state. His help off the bench is 5'8" Patrick Bailey who gives people fits. Good quick guards both of them.

I second that emotion (I mean motion). Both are 6'1' but can guard and defend much bigger players very well. Evan always gets the hard assignments with 6'8" Euton and players much taller than him. When he sees a little ole 6'3" guard his eyes light up. Not trying to boast, but Elliott's entire team defense with pressure, traps, and help side defense is among the best. And the few times they do get beat with the press you are usually left staring at a big 6'7" athletic sophomore who is chomping at the bits to swat it down. Against Hood in pre-season Elliott switched up with who guarded him and each one brought something different to the table, but Evan got the majority of the assignment.

 

Didn't Hood drop 30 on EC...? I believe it was close.

George Grote- Highlands in the 9th.

 

GeLawn Guyn - Scott Co

 

Guyn is a good ON THE BALL defender but struggles to find his man when he doesn't have the ball. (Hence Riley dropping 20 on SC)

 

Best I've seen though:

 

Hamm- Mason Co

Downing- Mason Co

Guyn- Scott Co

Pittman- Holmes

Grote- Highlands

Williams- GRC

Didn't Hood drop 30 on EC...? I believe it was close.

 

Whatever you tell me.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.