Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Billy Gillespie on ESPN's First Take

Featured Replies

Did anyone watch this debacle? While I understand a majority of interviews "go through the motions" this stooped to a new low.

 

BG was asked about a Dr Pepper/Cheese Cracker breakfast he has everyday. The big follow up was any cavities he might have developed. This was topped by news that BG was a paperboy as a child. Yes they had newspapers rolled up and had him throw them across the stage.

 

He was asked about the 8th grade recruit and while he couldn't talk specifics, he basically said recruiting is competitive, etc, etc.

 

I'm not sure what he is doing up North unless it's for recruiting.

Did anyone watch this debacle? While I understand a majority of interviews "go through the motions" this stooped to a new low.

 

BG was asked about a Dr Pepper/Cheese Cracker breakfast he has everyday. The big follow up was any cavities he might have developed. This was topped by news that BG was a paperboy as a child. Yes they had newspapers rolled up and had him throw them across the stage.

 

He was asked about the 8th grade recruit and while he couldn't talk specifics, he basically said recruiting is competitive, etc, etc.

 

I'm not sure what he is doing up North unless it's for recruiting.

 

Probably...on the radio after the game Saturday they said he couldn't stick around to sign autographs because he had to hit the road for some recruiting visits. He may be on the move a lot these days...

BCG flew to watch Jon Hood play after the game Saturday.

 

As for his trip to Bristol; he was making the rounds on Colin Cowherd's show, First Take, and is supposed to be on Van Pelt's show here in a few...

I thought the interview was a joke too...but it wasn't Billy G's fault.

I thought the interview was a joke too...but it wasn't Billy G's fault.

 

To be fair the host did try to ask legit questions but BCG simply went into coach-speak mode.

I was flipping through the channels with some classmates and I stoped a the interview, but they told me to keep going, so I did, from the looks of it I am glad I missed it!

Any publicity is good publicity and Coach is making the rounds in Bristol today. In about 5 minutes he is scheduled to be on espnnews.

I heard both of his radio interviews and they very bland as well.

Any publicity is good publicity .

Unless you are Eddie Sutton....

Unless you are Eddie Sutton....

 

 

Not according to Oscar Wilde...

To be fair the host did try to ask legit questions but BCG simply went into coach-speak mode.

 

True...but they should know as reporters and such that there are certain questions that legally coaches just can't answer.

BCG made the espn rounds. He was also on the "Cowherd" show later in the morning and was going to be on espn news as well I believe. I saw the first take interview and it was pretty bad. I will also say that I am glad that BCG can recruit bc he sure is not going to win any awards for any interviews. I have heard him on some of the hometown (WKYT) interviews as well. They didn't have the stupid questions that first take had but he imo is just not very good at all in an interview. That's fine though, I wish that he came across better but the bottom line is that I want a basketball coach, not a p.r. man.;)

I agree oldrambler, on your last sentence.

 

My dad met him this past Sunday at the high school games being played at NKU this past Sunday. Dad said no one was around him, so he went down to talk to him for a minute. Said he was very pleasent, not stand offish at all and had a pretty good conversation with my pops. I am glad he treated my dad with respect and at least acted like he respected his opionion and what not because my dad has been a fan for about 60 years now. Dad thought it was very cool.

 

Might not be good at PR...but at least he can be personable.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.