Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

GRC vs Scott Co 12/18 predictions

Who Wins this Dec. 19th Game 39 members have voted

  1. 1. Who Wins this Dec. 19th Game

    • George Rogers Clark
      41%
    • Scott County
      58%

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

A fight of the Cardinals. This game will be at Memorial and on TV Ch 27. Thursday 12/18 at 7:00. I already have my tickets...:D Thoughts and predictions on this game?

  • Replies 64
  • Views 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Both teams travel to Memorial Coliseum Thursday night! What are the predictions?

Scott County by 8.

Probably would have better for Clark County had Scott County not been coming off a loss. Much as I will be pulling for the 10th Region team in this one, I'll guess Scott County by something like 74-59.

 

Hopefully I'm wrong.

Should be a good game. Hope they get a good crowd. I have to take Scott County by 10 in this one. I wonder how GRC will match up?

I think it would have been better for GRC to have played tonight against Paris! It would have been a chance to work out some of those little kinks! I am taking the upset of GRC by 4

  • Author
Probably would have better for Clark County had Scott County not been coming off a loss. Much as I will be pulling for the 10th Region team in this one, I'll guess Scott County by something like 74-59.

 

Hopefully I'm wrong.

I agree I was hoping they would still have thier game against Dunbar tonight. Never good to play a team after a big loss.

 

Should be a good game. Hope they get a good crowd. I have to take Scott County by 10 in this one. I wonder how GRC will match up?[/quote]

 

Here is a couple of ways they could match up:

 

6'9 Zollo vs 6'8 Euton

6'5 Rogers vs 6'7 Phares

5'8 Williams vs 6'2 Guyn

6'2 Hatton vs 6'4 Jackson

6'4 Stenzel vs 6'1 Ford

 

 

6'9 Zollo v 6'8 Euton

6'5 Rogers v 6'7 Phares

6'4 Stenzel v 6'2 Guyn

6'2 Hatton v 6'4 Jackson

5'8 Williams v 6'1 Ford

What will be some of the matchups?

Rogers/Euton

Zollo/Phares

Stenzel/Jackson(or Guyn)

Hatton/ Guyn (or Jackson)

Williams/ Do not know who Scott starts

Should be a good game. Hope they get a good crowd. I have to take Scott County by 10 in this one. I wonder how GRC will match up?[/b[

 

If I had to guess, I'd assume we'll see these match ups:

 

6'9 Zollo v 6'8 Euton

Euton really struggled against Holmes with a smaller defender on him in R. Johnson and Pittman. If Zollo plays aggressive D, I don't see Euton being much of a factor offensively. He gets very frustrated when someone is physical with him. Zollo needs to work the paint and force Euton to get in foul trouble. SC has nobody that can match up with him other than Euton.

 

6'5 Rogers v 6'7 Phares

This is the key match up for both teams. Rogers is very aggressive down low and could cause some problems for Phares who has been foul prone the past few games. If Rogers takes it at Phares early, expect to see Richie watching from the bench. On the other hand, if Rogers doesn't box out and go to the rim strong, it will be a long night, as Phares will dominate at both ends of the floor with his size advantage.

 

6'4 Stenzel v 6'4 Jackson

Stenzel is the better scorer of the two but not sure about defensively. Stenzel needs to be aggressive with Chad and force him to the left a lot. Do this and good things will happen. Chad has proven to be turnover prone so Stenzel needs to apply a lot pressure and not led Chad penetrate. That is where SC is most dangerous, because of Guyn lurking outside on the arc.

 

5'8 Wiliams v 6'2 Guyn

Not sure I agree with this match up since Guyn will have such a huge height advantage but Williams is the quickest and best GRC defender. Guyn was dominant against Holmes with a smaller defender on him, so expect to see more of the same in this game. For those who haven't seen Guyn yet, he is the real deal. If he gets an open look he'll knock it down all night and will get in the lane against anyone. If GRC is able to keep him under 15 points, they'll be in good shape.

 

6'2 Hatton v 6'1 Ford

Hatton will have a HUGE advantage in this match up. He is much more aggressive compared to Ford and should be able to do what he wants. Ford seems to get lost at times on defense which should leave Hatton open a lot to get off good shots. If Hicks decides to start 6'3 Manning though, we could see a role reversal. The kid can play some ball.

 

Prediction:

This game comes down to two things IMO:

1. Depth

2. 3 point shooting

SC is very vulnerable against a team who can shoot from outside. (See Holmes)

 

With that being said:

 

GRC 72

Scott Co 71

I agree I was hoping they would still have their game against Dunbar tonight. Never good to play a team after a big loss.

 

Here is a couple of ways they could match up:

 

6'9 Zollo vs 6'8 Euton

6'5 Rogers vs 6'7 Phares

5'8 Williams vs 6'2 Guyn

6'2 Hatton vs 6'4 Jackson

6'4 Stenzel vs 6'1 Ford

 

 

6'9 Zollo v 6'8 Euton

6'5 Rogers v 6'7 Phares

6'4 Stenzel v 6'2 Guyn

6'2 Hatton v 6'4 Jackson

5'8 Williams v 6'1 Ford

 

I wouldn't put Stenzel on Ford. He is too good defensively to not have him on either Guyn or Jackson. I'd personally like to see the following match ups:

 

Zollo/Euton

Rogers/Phares

Stenzel/Jackson

Hatton/Guyn

Williams/Ford

 

BTW, defensively, Guyn will guard the opposing teams PG AT ALL TIMES. He is their best on the ball defender and they will try to use him to apply pressure and get TO's.

It will be interesting to see how each team handles the atmosphere. Scott County has been there twice with Duncanville Tx. and Holmes. I do not know that Madison Central and Montgomery County can compare for GRC

I wouldn't put Stenzel on Ford. He is too good defensively to not have him on either Guyn or Jackson. I'd personally like to see the following match ups:

 

Zollo/Euton

Rogers/Phares

Stenzel/Jackson

Hatton/Guyn

Williams/Ford

 

BTW, defensively, Guyn will guard the opposing teams PG AT ALL TIMES. He is their best on the ball defender and they will try to use him to apply pressure and get TO's.

 

Guyn is an awesome defender but when Ryan Williams is in at point I'm not sure he can keep up with Ryan! If Guyn gives him any room to drive by him he will.

  • Author
It will be interesting to see how each team handles the atmosphere. Scott County has been there twice with Duncanville Tx. and Holmes. I do not know that Madison Central and Montgomery County can compare for GRC

 

I agree.

I agree.

 

As much as I would like to see GRC win and represent the 10th region well, I don't think it will happen, Scott County in a close one by 6.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.