Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

16 Teams to State Tournament at Applebee's???

Featured Replies

I Think 3 classes in baseball would be a great thing.

  • Replies 41
  • Views 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I Think 3 classes in baseball would be a great thing.

 

I think three would be a good number also.

If class baseball happens, I'm more of a fan of two classes.

What would everyone propose, with regards to Class size?

Not that I have anything to base this on, but just to get the discussion going.

 

If three classes, maybe something like:

 

200-499 - Mid

>500 - Large

 

If 4 classes, maybe something like:

 

151-350 - Mid

351-699 - High Mid (or whatever term)

700+ - Large

 

I guess an important part of determining something like this would be to get a statewide listing of school enrollment to see where the best breakdown lines would fall to keep to class sizes reasonably similar.

Not that I have anything to base this on, but just to get the discussion going.

 

If three classes, maybe something like:

 

200-499 - Mid

>500 - Large

 

If 4 classes, maybe something like:

 

151-350 - Mid

351-699 - High Mid (or whatever term)

700+ - Large

 

I guess an important part of determining something like this would be to get a statewide listing of school enrollment to see where the best breakdown lines would fall to keep to class sizes reasonably similar.

 

Why not use Football as a model

 

If a school is 1A or 2A in Football they would be 1A in Baseball

3A and 4A = 2A in Baseball

5A and 6A = 3A in Baseball

Why not use Football as a model

 

If a school is 1A or 2A in Football they would be 1A in Baseball

3A and 4A = 2A in Baseball

5A and 6A = 3A in Baseball

 

What would that look like using enrollment figures? What is the breakdown in football?

Why not use Football as a model

 

If a school is 1A or 2A in Football they would be 1A in Baseball

3A and 4A = 2A in Baseball

5A and 6A = 3A in Baseball

 

I like it!!

I like Cooperstown structure. You have to be careful with those schools that have 5-700 kids and trying to group them with what are now 5 and 6A football schools. If you do something like that you might as well leave it as is. The only schools that would benefit would be your

Why not use Football as a model

 

If a school is 1A or 2A in Football they would be 1A in Baseball

3A and 4A = 2A in Baseball

5A and 6A = 3A in Baseball

 

There are a ton of schools that play baseball but not football. Most of those schools are really small. If you put them in 1A, that would really bloat the class.

If we did Baseball in classes, what would be the format for the Districts, Regional, Sectionals and State.

 

Would double-elimination be in order for District. What about best 2 out of 3 in finals of Regionals and Sectionals. How many teams, would qualify for the State?

A class system would be hitting to close to home for the all mighty cash cow that is the "Sweet Sixteen" in basketball. If softball, baseball, and soccer went to a system with six teams playing for a state championship in their respective sports - with more kids getting exposure, and winning state championships, the KHSAA probably fears that this would cause a ripple effect that could eventually lead to classing basketball. Tradition is what is keeping classification from becoming a reality in baseball in Kentucky. 75-85%of the head coaches are in favor of classification. Eventually it will happen.

 

Classification would only level the playing field and give more teams a realistic shot of reaching a state tournament. I personally would like to see four classes like the old football alignment.

I wouldn't like a class system in baseball. Since 1998, I believe only two 6A schools have won baseball titles--Paul Dunbar won 2 and PRP won it last year. The other winners have come from a broad spectrum of school sizes and locations--LCA(1A football school) Harrison County and Boyd(4A). Then look at what Lou. Christian academy did last year by winning the 7th, winning semi-state. Other smaller schools like Beechwood have recently made it to the finals. I bet if you asked the kids of the small schools not many would want a class system for baseball. But who cares what they think?

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.