Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Mason Co vs. Cincy St. X Predictions (12/13)

Featured Replies

Mason Co plays Cincy St. X in the Bluegrass/Buckeye Classic at 12:30 over at NKU.

 

Any thoughts?

Mason County wasn't as good as I thought they'd be. Still a solid team but I like St. X with their shooting and size.

  • Author

X has a pretty big team:

 

Tanner Videl 5'9 G

Tim Whelan 5'9 G

Ben Holcomb 5'11 G

Will Carroll 6'1 G/F

Kyle Rolfes 6'3 G/F (captain)

Alex Rongi 6'3 G (captain)

Luke Massa 6'5 G/F

Brandon Polking 6'5 F

David Niehaus 6'7 F/C

Eric Stenger 6'7 F/C (captain)

Jordan Fowler 6'9 F/C

Joe Nurre 6'10 C

 

6 players who are 6'5 or bigger.

  • Author

X is coming off back to back final 4 appearances. I don't really see Mason Co keeping this one within 10. X size will wear them down.

 

St. X 67

Mason 52

If Mason Co can get a big win tonight over Scott, I would be able to accept a loss to St X a little bit easier.

 

You figure that the Royals are going to lose 5 or 6 games this year at least. For most schools a game like this is a real building block to seeing what you have and prepare for March. For Mason Co. it is those things, but its also just another brutal game on the schedule. :lol:

  • Author
If Mason Co can get a big win tonight over Scott, I would be able to accept a loss to St X a little bit easier.

 

You figure that the Royals are going to lose 5 or 6 games this year at least. For most schools a game like this is a real building block to seeing what you have and prepare for March. For Mason Co. it is those things, but its also just another brutal game on the schedule. :lol:

 

MC plays a very tough schedule. I believe they also play Winton Woods (OH), who has one of the top prospects in the state of Ohio, down at Daytona Beach.

MC plays a very tough schedule. I believe they also play Winton Woods (OH), who has one of the top prospects in the state of Ohio, down at Daytona Beach.

 

Yep, Mason Co will play the Harrison Hoyas out of Georgia in the first round. Whether they win or lose that, they wouldn't face Winton in the second. So I don't know if they will get to play Winton down there.

 

But anyhoo, back to this game, I just want the Royals to play well, don't turn the ball over. I can live with losing to the better team on a given night, it just drives me up the wall when a game is given away.

X is coming off back to back final 4 appearances. I don't really see Mason Co keeping this one within 10. X size will wear them down.

 

St. X 67

Mason 52

 

If X scores 60 points I will be surprised. You think Highlands works the ball for a good shot, X will put you to sleep running their offense. They graduated a lot of talent last year, Massa was hurt during the football season I do not know if he is even back yet. The game will be in the 40's or 50's unless somehow Mason can get baskets in transition and force X to play way faster than they want. I am sure X has talent but it is not Varsity experienced. With that said I like X 54-45. GO BOMBERS!!!!

X by 10

X is coming off back to back final 4 appearances. I don't really see Mason Co keeping this one within 10. X size will wear them down.

 

St. X 67

Mason 52

 

Mason Co is very big themselves. :thumb:

  • Author
Mason Co is very big themselves. :thumb:

 

Mason Co is big across the board averaging about 6'4 in their starting lineup, but they don't have the kind of size that X does, who has 4 players who are 6'7 or taller.

 

But then again Mason Co's 2003 (I believe) state championship team didn't have any player over 6'3 and they were fine. :thumb:

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.