Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

West Carter 63 Raceland 46

Featured Replies

I believe they have 5 they see alot of PT

 

I'm sure that was a big factor in this game. It normally takes a couple of weeks to translate those football legs into basketball legs.

  • Replies 31
  • Views 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kind of a surprising score, but good early season win for West. Does Raceland have alot of football players on the basketball team?

 

:thumb: Yes, and especially Tyler Boyles. Boyles was the QB of the Ram football team and is not even a a full week out of the football season. Tyler imo is one of the best guards in the 16th region and I believe is looking to take basketball to the next (college) level.

With few West posters on here it sounds as if the game would have been played in a couple of weeks that West wouldn't have a chance. I have a feeling that West is a sleeper this year and may suprise some folks down the road. How about this 21 years ago a Webb coached team beat East and Elliott who were both region favorites in route to a district title.

With few West posters on here it sounds as if the game would have been played in a couple of weeks that West wouldn't have a chance. I have a feeling that West is a sleeper this year and may suprise some folks down the road. How about this 21 years ago a Webb coached team beat East and Elliott who were both region favorites in route to a district title.

 

I will give you the win over East, but I'll have to see them actually beat Elliott County with my own eyes. No direspect intended, but noone in our area will beat Elliott this year. You can write that down. Spindoc can fix me a big old plate of crow if I'm wrong.

I wasn't predicting an Elliott collapse don't get me wrong. If they lose in the 16th it may be a sign of the apocalypse. I just have a feeling that this is one of those West years where they can be dangerous any night.

I always keep some handy.

53498212_6d5d00f6f4.jpg?v=0

I have heard stories of the "messes" that the Spindoc can cook up.

I always keep some handy.

53498212_6d5d00f6f4.jpg?v=0

 

Please keep that on ice, you know, just in case I have to have that served.;)

With few West posters on here it sounds as if the game would have been played in a couple of weeks that West wouldn't have a chance. I have a feeling that West is a sleeper this year and may suprise some folks down the road. How about this 21 years ago a Webb coached team beat East and Elliott who were both region favorites in route to a district title.
If my post sounded like I was putting West down that was not meant that way at all.

 

I always keep some handy.

53498212_6d5d00f6f4.jpg?v=0

 

That looks very familiar. I have had to dine on that gourmet offering many times.

West is a very talented team especially the guards,they are fun to watch play and I urge anybody that gets a chance to see them to do so.

Congrats to West on the win. :thumb:

 

As for your question, I was checking the local news and KHSAA site for a final to post last night. I didn't see the score reported on either at the last time I cheked late last night. I don't think that Raceland fans have to explain anything but from my perspective anyway there you go.:thumb::D.

 

I am sure that Raceland will come around as the season goes on and we get the football players back all the way. Raceland was in a deep playoff run that just ended last Friday. Players like Tyler Boyles (who I think is one of the best guards in the 16th region) will come around, get in "basketball shape" and really help the Rams.

 

:confused:

You're kidding me right? They ONLY played 1 more game (7 days) than 5 other schools in the 16th region alone!

If I heard correctly they had 4 players that did not play in there scrimmage with Ironton and 2 of those four played in the J.V. game which was a runaway for the Comets.

I just thought the Independent would be covering the local teams, especially since it is week one. I meant no harm and have no issues with anyone and I have apparently stirred the pot. I think that the paper has done a tremendous job in coverig the football teams, especialy Raceland this year. I was looking at the paper before I saw patients this morning and saw nothing but the Ashland game and was a little suprised, that's all.

 

I am not in charge of calling in scores and/or stats so I did not know the procedure to get that information to the paper or to the TV sports anchors.

 

It is a requirement of the KHSAA or report scores to them to be posted on the website... Not sure but think they can be a penalty for this if it's not being accomplished to their standards.. As for local t.v. and newspaper they don't have to report anything if it's not sent in to them, that is left up to the host school..However, we sure don't see them getting outside of Boyd county very often..

:confused:

You're kidding me right? They ONLY played 1 more game (7 days) than 5 other schools in the 16th region alone!

 

7 days is a LONG time in terms of regaining basketball legs and conditioning after taking the pads off.

I always keep some handy.

53498212_6d5d00f6f4.jpg?v=0

 

:thumb: OMG! :devil:

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.