Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

West Carter 63 Raceland 46

Featured Replies

  • Replies 31
  • Views 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No responses from Ram faithful?

No responses from Ram faithful?

It was late. West Carter came out and pushed the ball well. They definatly deserved the win. Raceland narrowed the gap several times but could not get closer the 8. The football players were not is sink yet and Raceland subbed liberally. West Carter is going to have a nice team this year. Raceland will be a much better team in a few weeks.

 

Congratulations to West Carter, they played a very good game and kept the tempo up. Good luck to them in district play.

I was impressed with how well West got to the ball. They set a lot of moving picks that weren't called last night, but I'm sure they'll work on that. Raceland on the other hand looked good at times, but 3 days of practice as an entire unit does not allow for much cohesiveness. I look for the Rams to be much tougher by January.

I was able to watch this game, Rayburn from West is the real deal don't have the stats and for Raceland Cody Barker had about 20 points and 10 boards, you could tell Boyles was rusty but you know this young man will be fine.

I was suprised to see nothing in The Independent on our game. There wasn't even a score in the high school boys state results column. What happened to coverage of the local teams?

If no reporter was sent to the game it is up to the home team to call in the score.

No responses from Ram faithful?

Congrats to West on the win. :thumb:

 

As for your question, I was checking the local news and KHSAA site for a final to post last night. I didn't see the score reported on either at the last time I cheked late last night. I don't think that Raceland fans have to explain anything but from my perspective anyway there you go.:thumb::D.

 

I am sure that Raceland will come around as the season goes on and we get the football players back all the way. Raceland was in a deep playoff run that just ended last Friday. Players like Tyler Boyles (who I think is one of the best guards in the 16th region) will come around, get in "basketball shape" and really help the Rams.

If no reporter was sent to the game it is up to the home team to call in the score.

 

:thumb: The t.v. and other media have to have the score reported to them shoulkd they not be covering the game.

I was able to watch this game, Rayburn from West is the real deal don't have the stats and for Raceland Cody Barker had about 20 points and 10 boards, you could tell Boyles was rusty but you know this young man will be fine.

 

Cody Barker imo could be a big plus for the Rams this season. I look for some very good things from him. As for Boyles, you are correct. There is no doubting his ability on the basketball floor, he will be fine.

I just assumed since the Rams always have a great following that somebody would have posted some observations. Coach Floyd and the Rams will be fine, should be a good even district. The Rayburn kid is a good player and will get better and better.

I just thought the Independent would be covering the local teams, especially since it is week one. I meant no harm and have no issues with anyone and I have apparently stirred the pot. I think that the paper has done a tremendous job in coverig the football teams, especialy Raceland this year. I was looking at the paper before I saw patients this morning and saw nothing but the Ashland game and was a little suprised, that's all.

 

I am not in charge of calling in scores and/or stats so I did not know the procedure to get that information to the paper or to the TV sports anchors.

Kind of a surprising score, but good early season win for West. Does Raceland have alot of football players on the basketball team?

I believe they have 5 they see alot of PT

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.