Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

UC 67 UNLV 65

Featured Replies

More like the Jan 1, 2008 game at Freedom Hall... :p

I must have been sleeping from all the partying the night before because I recall no such game...

  • Replies 32
  • Views 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author
I must have been sleeping from all the partying the night before because I recall no such game...

Too bad you missed it. Great game... :banana: :p

This group won 19 in a row at home before last night. Seriously? Come on. Picked to win MWC and won 30 last year. Dare I say they are "Xavier" good???

 

I think its a solid win moreso from the mental aspect. They played a soft schedule early to get some confidence going. They then laid an egg last night so if they lost two in a row then the confidence isn't as strong.

 

Regarding the 19 in a row: I'm not big on history. UK used to be dominant at home as well. Now, if you tell me all of the current UNLV players played last year, different story.

I was busy talking to my sister in law and watching all the football games going on tonight. I didn't listen to this game on the radio NOR follow it online, when I signed on a few hours and saw the final, I was so happy for these kids.

 

The true sign of a really good team is how you bounce back from adversity, not to mention a god awful effort. As GT said, this was a HUGE win and counts for far more than 1 win in the long run.

 

Way to go Cats! :thumb:

Wow. UC over UNLV is a huge win....Telling of just how far their program has fallen...

Wow. UC over UNLV is a huge win....Telling of just how far their program has fallen...

 

For a team trying to establish itself again as a possible tournament team down the road. You play god awful the night before and lose ugly, you have to turn around the next night and play a team on their home floor.

 

They showed some adversity and got a nice road win. I would call it a HUGE win not so much because of the team they beat, it was the circumstances surrounding it.

For a team trying to establish itself again as a possible tournament team down the road. You play god awful the night before and lose ugly, you have to turn around the next night and play a team on their home floor.

 

They showed some adversity and got a nice road win. I would call it a HUGE win not so much because of the team they beat, it was the circumstances surrounding it.

 

Just for clarification on my post, I don't consider either of UK's wins this weekend as big wins....UNLV is a decent team, but if UC is any good they should win this game.

I was busy talking to my sister in law and watching all the football games going on tonight. I didn't listen to this game on the radio NOR follow it online, when I signed on a few hours and saw the final, I was so happy for these kids.

 

The true sign of a really good team is how you bounce back from adversity, not to mention a god awful effort. As GT said, this was a HUGE win and counts for far more than 1 win in the long run.

 

Way to go Cats! :thumb:

 

So UC is a really good team because they beat UNLV?

 

What is all this adversity you speak of?

So UC is a really good team because they beat UNLV?

 

What is all this adversity you speak of?

 

If you listened to the game against FSU it was bad. Cincinnati couldn't have played any worse. The adversity is bouncing back from an awful, awful game and having to bounce back against a team on their home floor. UNLV may not be a top 25 team right now or anytime this year, BUT you are still having to play them on their court. GT posted the stats and while they aren't winning any National Titles anytime soon, they are still VERY tough at home.

 

Everything had gone well in the first few games, all at home against less than stellar competition. They essentially get punched in the mouth by FSU and they respond in this fashion. AKA adversity. :thumb:

If you listened to the game against FSU it was bad. Cincinnati couldn't have played any worse. The adversity is bouncing back from an awful, awful game and having to bounce back against a team on their home floor. UNLV may not be a top 25 team right now or anytime this year, BUT you are still having to play them on their court. GT posted the stats and while they aren't winning any National Titles anytime soon, they are still VERY tough at home.

 

Everything had gone well in the first few games, all at home against less than stellar competition. They essentially get punched in the mouth by FSU and they respond in this fashion. AKA adversity. :thumb:

 

The 19 straight wins at home means nothing to me until I see who those 19 teams were....

 

That is not even close to adversity, but if it makes UC fans feel better than call it what you will.

The 19 straight wins at home means nothing to me until I see who those 19 teams were....

 

That is not even close to adversity, but if it makes UC fans feel better than call it what you will.

 

You said you have nothing against UC but all you is try to bash them in both sports.

2007-08 UNLV Men's Basketball Roster

No. Name Pos. Hgt. Wgt. Cl. Exp. Hometown/Previous School
1 Wink Adams G 6-0 190 So. 1L Houston, Texas/Gulf Shores Academy
2 Emmanuel Adeife C 6-10 220 Jr. JC Miami, Fla./Polk Community College
15 Corey Bailey F 6-5 215 Jr. JC Tampa, Fla./Butler Community College
12 Troy Cage F 6-5 175 Fr. HS Baton Rouge, La./Glen Oaks HS
45 Joe Darger F 6-7 215 So. 1L Riverton, Utah/Riverton HS
22 Beas Hamga C 7-0 225 Fr.* HS Douala, Cameroon/Decatur (Ill.) Christian School
10 Scott Hoffman G 6-3 175 Fr. RS Hays, Kan./Thomas More Prep-Marian
20 Marcus Lawrence G 5-11 165 Fr. HS Las Vegas, Nev./Bishop Gorman HS
3 Lamar Roberson F 6-8 210 So. TR Baton Rouge, La./University of Houston
24 René Rougeau G 6-6 200 So. 1L-RS Rancho Cucamonga, Calif./Etiwanda HS
0 Mareceo Rutledge G 6-3 205 Jr. JC Sacramento, Calif./Yuba College
34 Matt Shaw F 6-8 240 Fr. HS Los Angeles, Calif./Fairfax HS
31 Curtis Terry G/F 6-5 205 Jr. 2L University Place, Wash./Curtis HS
5 Kendall Wallace G 6-4 190 Fr. HS Mesa, Ariz./Mountain View HS
33 Tre'Von Willis G 6-4 200 So. TR** Fresno, Calif./University of Memphis
Was Derrick Jasper sitting on the bench for UNLV?

 

Not that it has anything to do with this but Jasper was in the stands for the UK game on Friday night. I spotted him texting as the game came on t.v

You said you have nothing against UC but all you is try to bash them in both sports.

 

You can believe whatever you want, I could care less. I just find if funny that people think beating UNLV is a huge deal...

  • Author
You can believe whatever you want, I could care less. I just find if funny that people think beating UNLV is a huge deal...

It's only a team that has been to the tournament in back to back years, returns 3 starters and 3 reserves that played significant minutes and is playing with transfers that played as freshman at Memphis St and UCLA.

 

It's a young UC team that overcame some adversity and beat a tough team on their court.

 

But you're right. UNLV is no VMI or Gardner Webb...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.