Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Courier-Journal's Coaches Poll Preseason 8th Region Top Teams and Players

Featured Replies

Teams – 1. Simon Kenton, 2. Anderson County, 3. Shelby County, 4. Oldham County, 5. South Oldham, 6. Owen County, 7. Carroll County, 8. Grant County, 9. Gallatin County, 10. Spencer County.

 

Top players – 1. Chelsea Tolliver (Simon Kenton), 2. Lindsay Fultz (Anderson County), 3. Haleigh LeCompte (Shelby County), 4. Audri Beaudrie (Oldham County), 5. Kenisha Marshall (Spencer County), 6. Kayla Smith (Simon Kenton), 7. Tiffany Davenport (Anderson County), 8. Rianna Gayheart (Owen County), 9. Kelli Dixon (Walton-Verona), 10. Ashley Jones (Gallatin County).

  • Replies 40
  • Views 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with this one more than the other one. (on the players rankings especially)

Stith from W-town should be on this list.

I agree that Stith deserves to be on this list. Maybe even top 5.

I think the C-J poll of coaches is right on, both as far as teams and as far as players.

Spencer is better then 10th in the region

Spencer is better then 10th in the region

 

I think Spencer will be good also, it is too bad they are in such a tough district. Remember soon everything will be proved on the court.

Where can we find the player rankings for the end of last season

Stith from W-town should be on this list.

 

I agree that she is a good player but I have yet to see that she deserves to be in the top 10.

My observations come from watching Stith play against some of these players and she was the better player on the court. She is very good on both ends of the court.

Probably a nice player for Wtown and you should be proud but I doubt she deserves to be in the top 10.

I have seen all of these giirls play many times and I can tell you that Stitch is top 5. By the way I am not from Williamstown so I have no one in the fight. BY the end of the season this list wil be completely revised.

 

Some of these girls teams will not even have winning seasons.

 

I hope the girls ignore them and play hard.

Probably a nice player for Wtown and you should be proud but I doubt she deserves to be in the top 10.

 

Have you seen her play? She would be a nice player for quite a few teams in the 8th.

Spencer is better then 10th in the region

 

That was my one ?? in regards to this poll, but I think Spencer is somewhat of a mystery right now. Certainly Marshall is top-caliber, but I think a lot of folks are taking a "wait-and-see" outlook on the team, and - deservedly or not - some teams are getting a "boost" in the rankings based on last year's performance in the post-season, and Spencer's got truncated because they had the misfortune of being in Shelby's/Anderson's district. Ouch.

 

Honestly, I think you can probably throw #7-#10 up in the air and re-arrange them however you like at this point...

Spencer brought everybody back from a team that was competitve last season. Let me tell you, Anderson and Shelby both want to avoid Spencer in the first round this season. If they (Spencer) are playing well and Anderson or Shelby is not, they COULD beat them. You haven't been able to say that in recent years.

 

But they will most likely miss out on the regional tournament again, and that is probably the biggest reason they are ranked so low. Put them in any other district in the region and they have a very good chance to make it out this season.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.