Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Russell/Belfry predictions

Who wins? 108 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins?

    • Russell
      19%
      21
    • Belfry
      80%
      87

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

I’m pulling for Russell and I think they will play their best game of the season and make this a close game. But, in the end Belfry will be too much at home.

 

Good luck Russell – I hope you prove me wrong.

  • Replies 62
  • Views 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I took Russell in this one. Even though I think Belfry is the better of the two teams, I think Russell's offensive style will give Belfry's defense problems, but I'm not sure that Russell will be able to stop Belfry. Here is betting that an official will whistle Belfry's backs for early movment (they get out of those stances pretty quick) and that a couple turnovers are the diffrence.

 

Russell: 31

Belfry: 28

Good news for the Pirates. We're undefeated when Cover Corner picks against us. :D;)
Good news for the Pirates. We're undefeated when Cover Corner picks against us. :D;)

 

:lol:

 

That is true, but you forgot to mention that it is only 0-2. I hope that Belfry does win and represents District 8 well, but I still am going to go with Russell.

:lol:

 

That is true, but you forgot to mention that it is only 0-2. I hope that Belfry does win and represents District 8 well, but I still am going to go with Russell.

 

I wouldn't expect a SC fan to pick anything else... it is programmed in the Martin County DNA. (This is completely tongue in cheek)

 

Pre-Season: Praise Belfry, but say SC is a Dark Horse

 

Mid-Season: Say how SC is better than last year and this is the year they beat Belfry

 

Belfry Game: Watch record number of people start crowing hwo Belfry is overrated and going down

 

Week After Belfry Game: Explain how Belfry is a great team but point out excuses why SC lost and mention how they want to see a rematch. Some SC fan posts the JV score which SC usually wins and insist "how the future looks bright"

 

Playoffs: Mention how SC has improved and wants another piece of Belfry, while picking Belfry to lose every game, if the two are ready to play again then pick SC to beat Belfry.

 

After 2nd Belfry Game: Explain how Belfry is a great team and how they will win State, and that this was supposed to be a down year for SC and next year they will beat Belfry because they have defeated them in JV games.

 

 

:D

Belfry by 3 touchdowns.

This is for Mr. Wildcat:

 

Russell Red Devils:

 

TCB!!!!!!!

 

:dancingpa

Belfry by 4 TD's.

 

Belfry's A game > Russell's A game

Belfry's B game

Belfry's B game = Rusell's B game

 

...(if) Belfry makes mistakes they could eaily lose this one.

 

So…then does Belfry’s A game become > or = to Russell’s A game? Im confused.:confused:

 

Dang, these word problems always gave me fits in algebra class.

 

My 2 cents worth is simply wishing the best of luck to Russell. I know this is a bitter rivalry when these two programs hook up.

 

Devils trump the Pirates.

Hopefully the Devil's are getting healthy and getting focused on the task at hand,they have a very tough task in front of them.Looking for the Devil's to open the offense up some and try to put some point's on the scoreboard.Especially hope there working on there tackling this week,has to improve or they have no chance.Respect has to be earned,not given to you....GO EARN IT DEVIL'S!

Russel will put up a tough fight, but Belfry is just flat out better.

Belfry 35-21

Hopefully the Devil's are getting healthy and getting focused on the task at hand,they have a very tough task in front of them.Looking for the Devil's to open the offense up some and try to put some point's on the scoreboard.Especially hope there working on there tackling this week,has to improve or they have no chance.Respect has to be earned,not given to you....GO EARN IT DEVIL'S!

 

Nice post, WW! I hope I can eat crow on saturday. I like mine grilled with a little seasoning.:lol:

I wouldn't expect a SC fan to pick anything else... it is programmed in the Martin County DNA. (This is completely tongue in cheek)

 

Pre-Season: Praise Belfry, but say SC is a Dark Horse

 

Mid-Season: Say how SC is better than last year and this is the year they beat Belfry

 

Belfry Game: Watch record number of people start crowing hwo Belfry is overrated and going down

 

Week After Belfry Game: Explain how Belfry is a great team but point out excuses why SC lost and mention how they want to see a rematch. Some SC fan posts the JV score which SC usually wins and insist "how the future looks bright"

 

Playoffs: Mention how SC has improved and wants another piece of Belfry, while picking Belfry to lose every game, if the two are ready to play again then pick SC to beat Belfry.

 

After 2nd Belfry Game: Explain how Belfry is a great team and how they will win State, and that this was supposed to be a down year for SC and next year they will beat Belfry because they have defeated them in JV games.

 

 

:D

 

Wouldn't mind stepping off of your high horse for a minute would you?

We're going to keep this discussion on Russell/Belfry. Take the personal garbage to the PM's. This will be the only warning, or some of you will be on the outside looking in.

I think Russell has greatly improved from where they were earlier in the season. The personnel changes on defense have helped immensely. Storm Burgess and Steven Stapleton playing every down on defense has helped a lot. They are both very good. The overall effort on the field appears to have been there the last couple of games as well. The Russell team that played Raceland would have beaten the Russell team that played Ashland earlier in the season by 4 TD's.

 

That being said, are these improvements good enough to beat Belfry? I think they are at least good enough to make it a game against Belfry. I don't think the game is going to be a blowout. If Belfry is going to advance, I really think Russell is going to make them earn it...so I predict Russell pulls out the win with a recovered short kickoff, a few Belfry penalties, a timely Belfry fumble, and an unexpected aerial assault. 27-21.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.