Harlan County 38 Wayne County 21

Scatbackskin2

Great win for the Black Bears! Great turn out by the Black Bear Nation!

Wayne County put up a good fight. Their running back #22 is a ball of dynamite. FAST! Dylan Smith (So) had one heck of a game! 100 yard TD! Calton(So) and Ball(Jr) done a great job of putting pressure on their QB. We can see improvement in our Bears each week and I think we may be peaking at the right time. I'm anxious for the boys to get a chance to play Breathitt again.

Going back to a post of yours in the prediction thread of this game....I believe a few of our boys could easily tell us what kind of cologne the Wayne QB had on last night, lol,...they really put the pressure on him.

As far as the Breathitt game is concerned, I am SO looking forward to the rematch. Our Bears have something to prove in this game - to Breathitt, to the Bear Nation, but most of all to themselves. I hope they rise to the challenge and show us what they are really made of.

GO BEARS!!! :ylsuper:

I think Breathitt Co. will see the real Black Bears team next friday. The first time they played HC had Green @ Qb and stacked the line. You can not do that with Blanton under center. I think Green will have a big time game. He seems to rise up in big games when he is @ TB. If the grass is not wet like the first game, the bobcats with have trouble with the HC SPEED (Gilliam, Smith, and Simmons).

Do you all really want to hype the Breathitt game again? It didn't work last time. I think the Bears have a lot of improvements to make before they can think about playing with Breathitt. The Bears got a lot of breaks against Wayne. They still struggled to get off the field on third down and gave up too many big plays.

Mental toughness is still a concern. How will they react when things don't go well? Are they serious about working hard in practice?

I don't see as much "hype" in these posts as I see "hope". We HOPE that they can play like they're capable. We HOPE they can redeem themselves. We HOPE they don't hang their heads when they get down. We HOPE they have learned from the last meeting. They've got 5 days to prepare. I HOPE they win!

.....I hope I get over the stomach virus soon.:cry: