Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kentucky vs. VMI predictions

Featured Replies

Wildcats should succeed, but no one expected Gardner-Webb to win either.

They will struggle at the start, it's the season opener, but I look for Patterson and Meeks to have nice games, as well as Porter and Stevenson..

 

Kentucky - 79

VMI - 60

VMI pushes it up and down the court at a high tempo. Last year they averaged 100.9 points per game. They also gave up 98.2 points per game. Some big time games last year included:

 

Ohio State 107 VMI 69

VMI 93 Richmond 84

Penn State 129 VMI 111

Winthrop 108 VMI 76

Winthrop 109 VMI 96

 

Kentucky will have to score quite a few points to win the ballgame. I think they will do that with no trouble.

VMI pushes it up and down the court at a high tempo. Last year they averaged 100.9 points per game. They also gave up 98.2 points per game. Some big time games last year included:

 

Ohio State 107 VMI 69

VMI 93 Richmond 84

Penn State 129 VMI 111

Winthrop 108 VMI 76

Winthrop 109 VMI 96

 

Kentucky will have to score quite a few points to win the ballgame. I think they will do that with no trouble.

 

I'm very intersested to see what the odds makers make the over in this game. UK looks like they might be inclined to run in this game after running the shot clock down last year.

  • Author

The Cats will have to match the up tempo pass, or play keep away. I'll go with option one.

Cats- 93

VMI- 79

Kentucky will go untested, again...

  • Author
Kentucky will go untested, again...

 

As a UK fan I'm not sure as to take that as an insult or compliment to my beloved Wildcats. Hmmmm...:sssh:

As a UK fan I'm not sure as to take that as an insult or compliment to my beloved Wildcats. Hmmmm...:sssh:

 

It's not intended to be either...:thumb:

  • Author
It's not intended to be either...:thumb:

 

Gotcha... neutrality.. I like it..;)

While we are all anxious to see if Kentucky has a consistent half court offense this year, I think it's safe to say they will not struggle out of the gate like they did last year.

 

I doubt they will be winning games by 60, but they will win comfortably enough.

 

I do have a friend that works at Gardner Webb and she actually told me tonight they are still talking about that win against Kentucky.

 

For what it's worth, I think GW finished last year at 16-16. They have a brutal out of conference schedule this year, like so many small schools. They only have two home games going into January. I know this isn't a GW thread, just thought I would pass it along. :lol:

  • Author
While we are all anxious to see if Kentucky has a consistent half court offense this year, I think it's safe to say they will not struggle out of the gate like they did last year.

 

I doubt they will be winning games by 60, but they will win comfortably enough.

 

I do have a friend that works at Gardner Webb and she actually told me tonight they are still talking about that win against Kentucky.

 

For what it's worth, I think GW finished last year at 16-16. They have a brutal out of conference schedule this year, like so many small schools. They only have two home games going into January. I know this isn't a GW thread, just thought I would pass it along. :lol:

 

They will push the ball I think with the athletic gaurds they have, but will have to be able to execute a half court offense.

Kentucky 85-68.

It's not intended to be either...:thumb:

 

I'm all too familiar with your posts to believe that. :D

 

VMI's coach has said that they try to shoot the ball before they turn the ball over. Thought that was hilarious, but it doesn't bode well for VMI.

 

I think the Cats will win and will break the century mark...again.

VMI's coach has said that they try to shoot the ball before they turn the ball over. Thought that was hilarious, but it doesn't bode well for VMI.

 

I think the Cats will win and will break the century mark...again.

 

 

That is funny.

 

I hope you're right and that's why I'm interested in seeing what the odds makers decide on for the over.

96-62 Cats

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.