Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Danville In The 2008 Playoffs

Featured Replies

Why Danville will get put out of the playoffs in the second round. Does anybody agree?

  • Author

This might be the worst Danville team since the 5-5 Danville team in 2000. they just dont play hard, and I get sick and tired of the fans saying this is coach Harps faught, the man has won 6 or 7 titles,he knows what he is doing, the kids just dont listen, they have no leaders and they only care about there stats, they dont have no heart, thats why this senior class will not get a championship ring, this might be a good thing because the underclassmen will learn what it takes to win, the seniors now dont know how!

Edited by Ram
Rule 13

This might be the worst Danville team since the 5-5 Danville team in 2000. they just dont play hard, and i get sick and tired of the fans saying this is coach harps faught, the man has won 6 or 7 titles,he knows what he is doing, the kids just dont listen, they have no leaders and they only care about there stats, they dont have no heart, thats why this senior class will not get a championship ring, this might be a good thing because the underclassmen will learn what it takes to win, the seniors now dont know how!

Well that's certainly a positive outlook on things. This team needs fan support not tearing down, since you are so down on the team, why don't you just move on to basketball. I don't think all the fault lays on Coach Harp, some kids are not as disciplined as they need to be, maybe they need to be on the bench. Some of the assistant coaches need to step it up. But, they have won the district and in my opinion not that far from being a challenge to winning the championship. Lets all get behind them thru thick and thin.:walk:

I agree with you Thirty...We as fans have to stay positive behind these guys...These young men want to win every game that they play...

 

The new season that counts starts in two weeks...These Ads can go as far as they choose...

I for one back these Coaches and players 100%...

 

The thing that others and including myself sometimes forget...The Coaches and players are human...They are going to make mistakes...The common goal is...

 

JUST WIN!!!:ylsuper:

The Ads will still be a tough out and I hope to see them playing at the Box

This might be the worst Danville team since the 5-5 Danville team in 2000. they just dont play hard, and I get sick and tired of the fans saying this is coach Harps faught, the man has won 6 or 7 titles,he knows what he is doing, the kids just dont listen, they have no leaders and they only care about there stats, they dont have no heart, thats why this senior class will not get a championship ring, this might be a good thing because the underclassmen will learn what it takes to win, the seniors now dont know how!

 

I think you meant 1999. 2000 Danville was 14-1 and won the state title with their only loss to AA champ Boyle.

What does their playoff match-ups look like?

First-round game vs. Glasgow; second-round game would be vs. Washington County or Green County.

I don't know what round they will be put out, but I can't see this team bringing home the hardware this year. Their bad habit of falling behind early and then trying to turn it on later will bite them in the butt just like it did against Frankfort Friday night.

 

I'm pulling for you Ads, but you are going to have to dig deep within if you want a championship, and put team ahead of indivfidual stats for that to happen. I would love to see both Boyle and Danville win State and make this Titletown once again.

I don't know what round they will be put out, but I can't see this team bringing home the hardware this year. Their bad habit of falling behind early and then trying to turn it on later will bite them in the butt just like it did against Frankfort Friday night.

 

I'm pulling for you Ads, but you are going to have to dig deep within if you want a championship, and put team ahead of indivfidual stats for that to happen. I would love to see both Boyle and Danville win State and make this Titletown once again.

 

Don't see that happening this year. Titletown may not have one at all.

  • Author

I'm behind the team 100%, it just looks like only a few players are playing hard, we just have to face it Danville is not like the old teams. The next best class is the sophmore class the all seem to love football, this senior class DONT know what it means to put on the white and blue. Also the defense gives up way too many big plays, coach perry has to be sick when we watches the film, because he keeps a good defense, it seems like have the team if waiting for basketball season to start, but they will be on the hardwood sooner than later, bacause they will not be in the playoffs long!

I'm behind the team 100%, it just looks like only a few players are playing hard, we just have to face it Danville is not like the old teams. The next best class is the sophmore class the all seem to love football, this senior class DONT know what it means to put on the white and blue. Also the defense gives up way too many big plays, coach perry has to be sick when we watches the film, because he keeps a good defense, it seems like have the team if waiting for basketball season to start, but they will be on the hardwood sooner than later, bacause they will not be in the playoffs long!

 

We have been having similar problems in Mayfield and up until a few weeks ago, I don't know what was happening. Last Thursday night was just something special and I still don't know and coach Morris didn't really have an answer as to what happened Thursday night to those boys but there was a fire there. If you can figure out what motivates a team, anything is possible. We had great expectations for this years Mayfield team, then it dropped off as the season drug on and here as of late, the fire is back, I just hope that we can capture that fire each week. Just find what does it for your team and it will happen.

Don't see that happening this year. Titletown may not have one at all.

 

I'm not taking anything for granted, you do agree that Boyle County has as good a chance as anyone in 4A, don't you. :walk:

I mean Boyle County does have a shot but can they beat Lexington Catholic again. Then turn around and face a Bell County in back to back weeks to reach state. If Boyle makes it to the Pizza Box they win it all. But I see them losing in week 3 or week 4.

This might be the worst Danville team since the 5-5 Danville team in 2000. they just dont play hard, and I get sick and tired of the fans saying this is coach Harps faught, the man has won 6 or 7 titles,he knows what he is doing, the kids just dont listen, they have no leaders and they only care about there stats, they dont have no heart, thats why this senior class will not get a championship ring, this might be a good thing because the underclassmen will learn what it takes to win, the seniors now dont know how!
Sounds that you have given up on this team already . Not something usually seen or heard from a Danville fan . Remember players read these posts too . Stay positive for the sake of the players . Good luck ADs . Hope to see you in the Pizza Bowl .

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.