Dixie 39 Scott 6 (Frosh)

Sting

Didnt Dixie beat Highlands frosh pretty good? Will they be in the championship this year? I think its a very good sign of things to come, when you are knocking off the Highlands frosh team by some 30 points.

This was their last game. Highlands beat two teams this year that Dixie couldn't handle. That's why their season is over and the Birds are playing on.

This was their last game. Highlands beat two teams this year that Dixie couldn't handle. That's why their season is over and the Birds are playing on.

All frosh teams play a week 10 game. Here is the schedule as of week 7 which was the end of the divisional play.

EAST WEST

1 Highlands (6-1) vs 1 Beechwood (7-0)

2 Campbell (6-1) vs 2 Ryle (6-1)

3 Dixie (5-2) vs 3 Boone (5-2)

4 CovCath (4-3) vs 4 Conner (4-3)

5 Holmes (3-4) vs 5 Simon Kenton (3-4)

6 NCC (2-5) vs 6 Lloyd (2-5)

7 Holy Cross (2-5) vs 7 Cooper (1-6)

8 Newport (0-7) vs 8 Scott (0-7

All frosh teams play a week 10 game. Here is the schedule as of week 7 which was the end of the divisional play.

EAST WEST

1 Highlands (6-1) vs 1 Beechwood (7-0)

2 Campbell (6-1) vs 2 Ryle (6-1)

3 Dixie (5-2) vs 3 Boone (5-2)

4 CovCath (4-3) vs 4 Conner (4-3)

5 Holmes (3-4) vs 5 Simon Kenton (3-4)

6 NCC (2-5) vs 6 Lloyd (2-5)

7 Holy Cross (2-5) vs 7 Cooper (1-6)

8 Newport (0-7) vs 8 Scott (0-7

Highlands and Beechwood will play for the championship. I'm not too sure any of those other teams play one another in a week 10 game. I could be wrong though...wouldn't be the first time.

Highlands and Beechwood will play for the championship. I'm not too sure any of those other teams play one another in a week 10 game. I could be wrong though...wouldn't be the first time.

Under the philosophy that the more football played, the better, I believe the N Ky coaches decided to allow all teams to play one more game. Highlands vs Beechwood is for the frosh championship, but the rest of those games are also being played from what I'm told. If accurate, smart decision by the coaches.:thumb:

I've seen 9 of these 16 teams play this season and I think, records aside, Beechwood and Dixie are the two best teams in NKY.

You're not quite correct. Dixie will play Boone next week, and yes, Dixie did lose to 2 teams that Highlands beat, but I wouldn't be so quick to talk about it when Dixie did wipe the field with Highlands, and pretty much did whatever they wanted to them. The Holmes loss in week 1 definately is a major thorn in the side of Dixie's season, but since they can't win the championship, at least they can smile at the fact they absolutely demoralized Highlands.

By the way, good luck against Beechwood.

You're not quite correct. Dixie will play Boone next week, and yes, Dixie did lose to 2 teams that Highlands beat, but I wouldn't be so quick to talk about it when Dixie did wipe the field with Highlands, and pretty much did whatever they wanted to them. The Holmes loss in week 1 definately is a major thorn in the side of Dixie's season, but since they can't win the championship, at least they can smile at the fact they absolutely demoralized Highlands.

When you base the success of your season on beating one opponent as opposed to the bigger prize of a Championship it really indicates that you just don’t quite have the mentality right now that's necessary to become one of the elite programs in Northern Kentucky. It also indicates your admiration for the Highlands football program, which is nice. Thank you for the compliment and may I suggest raising your expectation level. You speak of demoralization which I'm sure you know means; to erode or destroy the courage, confidence, or hope of a person or group or to corrupt somebody morally. Highlands hasn't lost a game since your demoralizing victory. Obviously the second definition isn't applicable because in order to corrupt someone the person doing the corrupting would be acting immorally, which I'm sure isn't true.

Better party now because it will never happen on the varsity level..:D

Congratulations, young Colonels, on another win which moves your record to 7-2. It was evident from the start of this game that these two programs are at different points in their level of talent and where they are at. IMO, Scott is headed in the right direction, it will just take some time.

The substitutions on defense started late in the first quarter, and most of the second half was played by the backups. The backups did very well, only allowing one Scott score on a long pass play that came about because of pass coverage issues.

During the time that Dixie's starting offense was in the game, they played well. Scott's defensive alignment did help. For some reason, Scott crowded the box and did not cover all of the WRs so all Pike needed to do was look at the coverage and throw the ball to whichever WR was open.

Dixie will be playing their final game against Boone County next Thursday at Dixie. Also, my understanding is that the Dixie JV team will be playing the Dixie Frosh on Monday night at 5:00. This will be an interesting game to watch.

I've seen 9 of these 16 teams play this season and I think, records aside, Beechwood and Dixie are the two best teams in NKY.

I would disagree about Dixie and replace them with Campbell County. CC's only loss was a last minute loss to Highlands. Their record is pretty impressive:

Holy Cross 40-7

Holmes 40-7 8

Newport 34-8

N.C.C. 36-6

Highlands 15-21

Covington Catholic 24-21

Dixie 20-18

Conner 28-12

Boone County 39-6

:fight:

I would disagree about Dixie and replace them with Campbell County. CC's only loss was a last minute loss to Highlands. Their record is pretty impressive:

Holy Cross 40-7

Holmes 40-7 8

Newport 34-8

N.C.C. 36-6

Highlands 15-21

Covington Catholic 24-21

Dixie 20-18

Conner 28-12

Boone County 39-6

:fight:

Could be right... I didn't get to see CC this year.

Records aside I think you can take the top 4 teams in this division and on any given day.......

Highlands, Campbell, Dixie and Cov Cath played each other close in all the game they had. Cov Cath had all 3 teams down late only to lose in the 4th quarter. I really think a normal playoff system in this division would have given us some great games.

All 4 teams have some good talent and should be fun to watch over the next 3 years. Good luck to all teams in the up coming week.