Checking In: Elliott

What top 20 teams does Elliot play this year? I know they play GRC which will be a good indication of how good they really are since many have GRC as the second or third best team behind SC and Holmes.

This is a scrimmage, not a real game...so look for Coach H to try several combinations and his bench to get a look at where work is needed.

This is a scrimmage, not a real game...so look for Coach H to try several combinations and his bench to get a look at where work is needed.

I thought it was a real game. Thanks for the info Goldie.

I just looked at Elliot's schedule on the KHSAA site and it looks like the only top 20 teams they play are Anderson Co (questionable top 20) and Mason Co. You'd think outside of the Beach Ball Classic they'd try and schedule a few more top 20 teams.

I thought it was a real game. Thanks for the info Goldie.

I just looked at Elliot's schedule on the KHSAA site and it looks like the only top 20 teams they play are Anderson Co (questionable top 20) and Mason Co. You'd think outside of the Beach Ball Classic they'd try and schedule a few more top 20 teams.[/quote]

This is why they scheduled the scrimmage...no room in schedules. I know EC is playing in the Kentucky Bank classic at Bourbon Co. Not sure who they play , but it should be quality competition. I know we play Doss, was hoping we would face EC.

In the Beach Ball classic they could face some of the top teams in the nation....great expecience for them and steps to upgrade their scheduling.

Barring injuries, Elliott could walk into the Sweet 16 at Rupp with just 1 or 2 losses on their schedule. Always depends on the draw, but they would have to be a favorite to make it to the final Saturday.

If you had a quarter draw with Regions 1, 8, 12, and 16 then Elliott has a real good shot at getting to Saturday morning. What if you had a quarter draw of 9, 10, 11, and 16?? That would be criminal in nature for all 4 regions, but would make regions like the 5th and 7th very happy. I agree. A lot depends on how those little balls drop out on January 30th, 2009 in Lexington.

How hard will it be for me to drive down from Columbus and get a seat for Elliott County's Game. Huge basketball fan! My mother went to Sandy Hook.

I'd say the drive would be the EASY part!! :lol:

If you want a seat at a home game, you'd better get there by 5:30pm . . . it should be well worth the trip to watch these young men play the game they love best. It's always entertaining!