Checking In: Elliott

Jody Demling does his checking in blog on Elliott County yesterday.

One of the top teams in the state will be from the 16th Region where Elliott County is an overwhelming favorite for a third straight region championship.

Ethan and Evan Faulkner are twins considered among the best guards in the state, while senior wing Jonathan Ferguson (photo)is a sensational shooter and athlete. Timmy Knipp is one of the top players from the class of 2011.

The Lions will run and gun and are fun to watch.

Speedy, can you put the link up. Once I turn the computer on that is the end of my technology on computers. If it gets past a simple click I am lost.

Jody Demling does his checking in blog on Elliott County yesterday.

One of the top teams in the state will be from the 16th Region where Elliott County is an overwhelming favorite for a third straight region championship.

Ethan and Evan Faulkner are twins considered among the best guards in the state, while senior wing Jonathan Ferguson (photo)is a sensational shooter and athlete. Timmy Knipp is one of the top players from the class of 2011.

The Lions will run and gun and are fun to watch.

Speedy, can you put the link up. Once I turn the computer on that is the end of my technology on computers. If it gets past a simple click I am lost.

I will add it for you. Great job Jody Demling is doing on his blogs of the top teams in the state.:thumb:

http://www.courier-journal.com/blogs/demling/blog.html

I think Elliott will compete for the state title this season.

They are definately in the mix. The one thing they have over most teams is invaluable experience. They are a top 10 team preseason.

Elliott County, along with Scott County, Holmes, North Hardin, J'town, Manual, GRC, Warren Central, and a few others will be competing for a state title this year.

They are definately in the mix. The one thing they have over most teams is invaluable experience. They are a top 10 team preseason.

Elliott County, along with Scott County, Holmes, North Hardin, J'town, Manual, GRC, Warren Central, and a few others will be competing for a state title this year.

Just a question North Hardin was 6-3 in their district last season in a district that doesn't match up with J-town, Holmes, Scott County, Manual, GRC, or Warren Central, and now they are considered to be a top team in the state? :sssh:

Quite an honor for a school the size of Elliott Co to reach the sweet sixteen 2 years in a row and is a heavy favorite to be there this year. I know the sixteenth region has been somewhat down the last few years but this group of boys would be hard to beat if the region was strong. I have seen these boys play at least 20 or more times in the last two years and they are very impressive. I love the 2 guards the Faulkner twins in the way they hustle and show direction on that team and the way Ferguson can shoot from outside. The Knipp boys are also a big asset in the way Chris can shoot and Tim can rebound and shoot. This team is for sure a top 5 in the state,IMO. They are my second favorite team in the state and I wish them the best.:ylsuper:

Just a question North Hardin was 6-3 in their district last season in a district that doesn't match up with J-town, Holmes, Scott County, Manual, GRC, or Warren Central, and now they are considered to be a top team in the state? :sssh:

NH defeated Bardstown just before the district loss that ended the season. Now with Johnson returning and everyone else we'll be much stronger than last year though I see your point. The schedule is tougher this year. Winning games against high caliber teams will help prove if we're elite or not.

Quite an honor for a school the size of Elliott Co to reach the sweet sixteen 2 years in a row and is a heavy favorite to be there this year. I know the sixteenth region has been somewhat down the last few years but this group of boys would be hard to beat if the region was strong. I have seen these boys play at least 20 or more times in the last two years and they are very impressive. I love the 2 guards the Faulkner twins in the way they hustle and show direction on that team and the way Ferguson can shoot from outside. The Knipp boys are also a big asset in the way Chris can shoot and Tim can rebound and shoot. This team is for sure a top 5 in the state,IMO. They are my second favorite team in the state and I wish them the best.:ylsuper:

D-dawg thanks for the good words about the Lions. In fact, thanks to all of you for the healthy respect that they are now getting. It wasn't long ago that they were getting beat up for mention as a Top 25 team after Mason beat our brains out in Maysville in late February. That was a bleak time and a double digit lose in the first round of the state against Mason would have solidified everyone's case that they didn't belong in the Top 25. Again, thanks for the votes of confidence. Now the kids have to prove it on the court. I think they will give it a real good shot over the course of the season. My hope is that they can be competitive at Myrtle Beach against some national heavyweights. There are about 15 D-I players that will be playing in that tourney and about 10 that are in the ESPN Top 100.