Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

UK 2010 recruiting

Featured Replies

What does everyone think of what we need to get for 2010? We will be losing Jodie Meeks, Michael Porter, Perry Stevenson, Ramon Harris, (if he was to stay another year) Patrick Patterson more than likely and Kevin Galloway. I am guessing we will try to find 5 or 6 scholarships to work with.

 

We already have:

 

Dominique Ferguson

Dakota Euton

KC Ross-Miller

 

What does everyone think we need?

 

 

I am thinking we need to make Harrison Barnes priority #1. He will be a tough get, but weve been in on him as long as anyone. Getting him and Ferguson in the same year would give us 2 great long athletes that are top 10 players. Also we are still involved with Josh Smith and Adreian Payne. Payne seems like the one we have a more realistic shot at. I would also love to see us get another in-state player with this class considering the # of scholarships we may have. Someone like Ricardo Johnson, Chad Jackson, Ge'lawn Guyn, or Elijah Pittman.

I highly doubt Payne leaves Ohio. If I had to guess on Smith right now, I'd say UCLA...

  • Author
I highly doubt Payne leaves Ohio. If I had to guess on Smith right now, I'd say UCLA...

 

With Stevenson and Patterson going to be gone and a chance of Orton (although I believe he is atleast a 2 year player) then its definitly a necessity to get another big man.

  • Author
Payne is a highly likely pickup for the Cats.

 

I hope your information is more accurate that GT on this one!!!!

Payne is a highly likely pickup for the Cats.

You have no clue what you're talking about on this one...

I hope your information is more accurate that GT on this one!!!!

 

You know better than that... ;)

  • Author
You know better than that... ;)

 

 

:lol: Odds are he will stay in Ohio since all the big schools in Ohio are in his list, but maybe he will want slightly warmer weather or he will get really into horse racing.

With Sullinger and Siebert already committed to OSU, it's hard not to picture Payne joining them...

I think we've done a good job with the big guys. If we can get another solid big guy, then that'd be a great addition. But the focus needs to be on guard play, IMO.

 

Orton may jump after 1 year, but odds are that he'll stay 2. If he's one & done, then we'll just have to use Ferguson more.

:lol: Odds are he will stay in Ohio since all the big schools in Ohio are in his list, but maybe he will want slightly warmer weather or he will get really into horse racing.

 

I hear horse racing is starting to get pretty big in Ohio, so who knows? ;)

I dont know if Kentucky will get Payne but they will get the players they need to compete at the highest level in college hoops. No matter what Ohio State, Cincy or whoever brings in. Count on that.

I dont know if Kentucky will get Payne but they will get the players they need to compete at the highest level in college hoops. No matter what Ohio State, Cincy or whoever brings in. Count on that.

Thanks for the heads up...

Things seem to indicate that Adreian Payne is very close with his grandmother and she wants to be able to see all his games, meaning that he doesn't want to go much more than an hour away. I find it hard to believe he'll go anywhere other than OSU.

As bad as I want Harrison Barnes, I don't think we have a chance at getting him.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.