Western Hills 38 Henry County 34

steamroller

I know that that is the situation, I was just saying the schedule has hurt him this year. I know how tough of a team they are and I am an alumni of HC, I just think the schedule is hurting them. I wont take anything from the coaches or players because they have a great program and and a good team this year, I just think the schedule hasnt helped them. Thats it, I am definately not taken any blows at them.

Henry's schedule may be what gets them the two seed in the district. ASSUMING (we all know what happens when you do that) that North Oldham goes 3-0 in district and HC beat SC that would leave a 3 way tie for second. Then comes the schedule. Henry should win out. Hill has Laf, Anderson, Frankfort for non-district. Hills will be hard pressed to beat Laf and Anderson(could happen, but that will be tough). The tie breaker goes back to non-district opponents that you beat and the wins they have. Henry's schedule could very well put them in the second spot, but they must beat Spencer first. These last 4 weeks are super important to all. Gonna be fun to watch.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Henry's schedule may be what gets them the two seed in the district. ASSUMING (we all know what happens when you do that) that North Oldham goes 3-0 in district and HC beat SC that would leave a 3 way tie for second. Then comes the schedule. Henry should win out. Hill has Laf, Anderson, Frankfort for non-district. Hills will be hard pressed to beat Laf and Anderson(could happen, but that will be tough). The tie breaker goes back to non-district opponents that you beat and the wins they have. Henry's schedule could very well put them in the second spot, but they must beat Spencer first. These last 4 weeks are super important to all. Gonna be fun to watch.

I thought it went to head to head? I dont really know too much about the tiebreakers.

Great job Hills! Very proud to see a group of young men not give up and roll over. This was a very hard fought game and very emotional game. I thought that Hills showed a great deal of pride and character on the field. I think now we can all see by having a tough schedule it really does have the kids playing at there best. Coach Miller and Staff has done a great job with the kids and the program.

Great job Hills! Very proud to see a group of young men not give up and roll over. This was a very hard fought game and very emotional game. I thought that Hills showed a great deal of pride and character on the field. I think now we can all see by having a tough schedule it really does have the kids playing at there best. Coach Miller and Staff has done a great job with the kids and the program.

Horse pucky! Schedules didn't influence either team, and the tough part of Hill's schedule has yet to come. Last I checked practice and execution is what makes the difference in playing your best. Hills has always played a very tough schedule...their district used to be one of the toughest with Lex Cath, Harrison, Franklin, East Jes (when they were very good)...etc. Those schedules didn't make the difference in how those teams played.

Horse pucky! Schedules didn't influence either team, and the tough part of Hill's schedule has yet to come. Last I checked practice and execution is what makes the difference in playing your best. Hills has always played a very tough schedule...their district used to be one of the toughest with Lex Cath, Harrison, Franklin, East Jes (when they were very good)...etc. Those schedules didn't make the difference in how those teams played.

Yes it does........Just ask any Highlands team or Lou. Central who walked away with the 3A title last year.

You push your team as much as you can during the regular season, so its not a big surprise to struggle slightly during a game when you reach another good team later in the playoffs.

Its just better to learn how to handle and overcome the situation during the regular season.

I still believe the schedule gets you ready for tough games down the road and Henry's schedule has hurt them when they played there only tough games, WH and NO. Don't the head coach set the schedule? If so shouldn't he have a few challenging games prior to the district? Didn't Henry use to play a very tough schedule years ago?

I would seriously doubt there will be a big change in Henry County's schedule in the future. They are going to play Eminence, Trimble, Carroll and Owen out of tradition. I'm not sure how many games NCKC teams are required to schedule within conference for football, but these schools take pride in being able to beat one another.

As for the other 3 non-conference, non-district foes, maybe.

Not upset to see Henry slip. After I went down and watched those Dairy Queen bowl games and they were up 33-0 and running a 35 yard fade with 1:30 left in the game. I didn't see any problem with the starters still being in there with the first game of the year you need them to get conditioned for the year, but was the fade and the out patterns necessary? If they feel that confident in their play and record to ruin their rep by going unclassy then don't boast over pllaying Trimble and Eminence (no offense they're just not power houses) and come play some top notch NKY competition. Play Beechwood or NewCath and see how the scoreboard looks with 1:30 left.

No disrespect to the players that QB is a STUD, and i'm sure he only did as his coach instructed him to, but the sad part is that the coach instructed him to.

Yes it does........Just ask any Highlands team or Lou. Central who walked away with the 3A title last year.

You push your team as much as you can during the regular season, so its not a big surprise to struggle slightly during a game when you reach another good team later in the playoffs.

Its just better to learn how to handle and overcome the situation during the regular season.

If this were truly the case how did Henry even manage a comeback? If schedule really dictates how you will react then this game should have been a huge blowout.

Not upset to see Henry slip. After I went down and watched those Dairy Queen bowl games and they were up 33-0 and running a 35 yard fade with 1:30 left in the game. I didn't see any problem with the starters still being in there with the first game of the year you need them to get conditioned for the year, but was the fade and the out patterns necessary? If they feel that confident in their play and record to ruin their rep by going unclassy then don't boast over pllaying Trimble and Eminence (no offense they're just not power houses) and come play some top notch NKY competition. Play Beechwood or NewCath and see how the scoreboard looks with 1:30 left.

No disrespect to the players that QB is a STUD, and i'm sure he only did as his coach instructed him to, but the sad part is that the coach instructed him to.

Let's not imply things that simply aren't true sportsnut. Henry has played their freshman and sophomores offensively in every single big victory from atleast the midpoint in the 4th quarter on if not sooner-the box scores indicate that-do you tell freshman and sophomores they aren't allowed to score? Trimble and Eminence beat Henry over the past two years-I would say they have always been fairly equal on the field of play. Those teams you mention have tradition...I think HC is still trying to find that. They also play teams from the conference they are in...all local teams, much like the NKY schools play each other. Pretty common around the state.

I still believe the schedule gets you ready for tough games down the road and Henry's schedule has hurt them when they played there only tough games, WH and NO. Don't the head coach set the schedule? If so shouldn't he have a few challenging games prior to the district? Didn't Henry use to play a very tough schedule years ago?

Steel, I believe contracts are done every two years. Henry was 3-7 and got brutalized in 2006 and that didn't get them ready for a whole lot. Losing to many local teams such as Carroll, Eminence, Spencer..etc. Those local teams have, for the most part, been pretty competitive, and most are must play games (naturally local games bring larger gates to small schools who depend on those gates to fund all sports). Last year Trimble and Pendleton both beat HC prior to their district games and the Eminence game was very close. Henry still won the district, and many of the other games on the schedule were very competitive.

If contracts were done yearly I feel certain the schedule would look different as it will in 2009/2010.

I could probably get my hands on the game tape and prove it. Just because the staring QB is a sophmore doesn't mean he still has to score does it?

Feel free, and you will see #16 is a freshman-and not a starter. PM me and I can tell you exactly when each player scored as I have the box scores from the paper.