Western Hills 38 Henry County 34

steamroller

Hills went up early 24-7. HC came back and scored 27 unanswered. Hills scored 10 late in the game and won within the final seconds. Wasn't there but sounded like one heck of a game to be at. Tough loss for HC, however, there still gonna make a run. This was no easy game for either team. Congrats Hills.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the schedule was planned over two years ago when they were 3-7 or something like that, it's not like they made it at the begining of the season, don't take anything away from HC, they are a good team, if I'm not mistaken they had a few key players out on the Oline, they will rebound and make a good run in the playoffs. But if you were counting on an championship season, and based it off of 1A blowouts your are mistaken. If you ask anyone on the coaching staff they would same the same thing. They are just playing the schedule that has been set for two years now.

Both teams played hard and it was a game with huge shifts in momentum. Dylan Curry had a HUGE game for Hills. Threw and ran the ball well and showed great leadership to bring Hills back. Hills is a much improved team and playing better each week. Great game in a few weeks between Hills and Noth Oldham.

I think the schedule was planned over two years ago when they were 3-7 or something like that, it's not like they made it at the begining of the season, don't take anything away from HC, they are a good team, if I'm not mistaken they had a few key players out on the Oline, they will rebound and make a good run in the playoffs. But if you were counting on an championship season, and based it off of 1A blowouts your are mistaken. If you ask anyone on the coaching staff they would same the same thing. They are just playing the schedule that has been set for two years now.

I know that that is the situation, I was just saying the schedule has hurt him this year. I know how tough of a team they are and I am an alumni of HC, I just think the schedule is hurting them. I wont take anything from the coaches or players because they have a great program and and a good team this year, I just think the schedule hasnt helped them. Thats it, I am definately not taken any blows at them.

I have played and coached football over 25 years, and this was the wildest game I have ever seen.

Hills was in control 24-7 early in the 3rd Quarter, but Henry came back and took a 34-24 lead with 3:15 left in the game.

WH scored with 1:10 left and then recovered a on side kick. WH scored a TD with about 30 seconds left in the game to take a 38-34 lead. Henry had a chance to score with 4 seconds left but things happen.

WH #11 Curry may be the best JR QB in the state. With his size and arm WH may be a tough out in the playoffs. #5 made some great catches also.

I hated losing by give credit to a game that everyone their will talk about for many years to come.

Western Hills and North will be a battle.

Was a great high school game!! The defenses played well despite the score. Very hard hitting, but both teams made plays on offense. Curry had his best game to date, and offensive line gave him time to look downfield. If Hills can throw the ball this well the rest of the season - with good running attack and tough defense, Hills could make a run in the play-offs.

Going back and looking at schedules, it appears that Western Hills was 3-7, 2 years ago as well, but they are playing the same schedule this year as they did last year. Based on the current classification system looks like Western Hills took the harder road to the game last night, which may or may not been a factor. I guess it is just the approach that each coach took to scheduling for the last 2 years. As to injured players, hate to see that, but last week I think Western Hills starting QB was suspended, basically like an injury and they managed to squeak out a win against. Sounds like it was good game for the fans at least, maybe they will see each other in the playoffs at some point.

Edited by Ram
Rule 13

Going back and looking at schedules, it appears that Western Hills was 3-7, 2 years ago as well, but they are playing the same schedule this year as they did last year. Based on the current classification system looks like Western Hills took the harder road to the game last night, which may or may not been a factor. I guess it is just the approach that each coach took to scheduling for the last 2 years. As to injured players, hate to see that, but last week i think Western Hills starting QB was suspended, basically like an injury and they managed to squeak out a win against. Sounds like it was good game for the fans at least, maybe they will see each other in the playoffs at some point.

We can only hope to meet again. The way that Central is playing and having to face St. X and Highlands before the playoffs could cause a problem.

E-town is good but WH, Spencer, North and Henry are capable of beating them.

Western Hills has four tough games to end the season, so the schedule does not get any easier. They have played a 5A school and three 4A schools thus far; then play Frankfort High (#6 in 1A), North Oldahm (#8 in 3A), Lafayette (5-2 in 6A), and Anderson Co (#7 in 5A). Maybe the most impressive part of Western Hills' season is the win total with their schedule.