One Question for Obama

Da champ

I agree with most of the above. However, I do not fault the banks. The banks were responding to pressure to make more loans to minorities and the pressure was applied by Congress. Banks were encouraged and rewarded for making loans, and selling them. The market for bad loans was created by Congressional meddling, with a huge assist from left wing thugs in organizations like ACORN, which received tax dollars for their efforts.

An old acquantance I used to do business with told me 25 years ago. If you borrow money and the rate isn't locked in all your doing is delaying a problem. The banks are responsible for adjustable rate mortgages. They are responsible for doing loans and not verifying the peoples incomes. I agree that congress did want people purchasing more homes. What every one has forgot is the basics. Maybe we need more business people in Washington and less lawyers and doctors.

An old acquantance I used to do business with told me 25 years ago. If you borrow money and the rate isn't locked in all your doing is delaying a problem. The banks are responsible for adjustable rate mortgages. They are responsible for doing loans and not verifying the peoples incomes. I agree that congress did want people purchasing more homes. What every one has forgot is the basics. Maybe we need more business people in Washington and less lawyers and doctors.
By creating a market for risky mortgages, Congress created the problem. Banks were simply trying to comply with the "people's" wishes and they were able to do so risk-free thanks to Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae and their crooked accomplices in Congress.

I also agree with you that the borrowers deserve a heaping helping of blame for agreeing to loans that they could not afford to repay.

So we start with this (post #1)...

Has anyone ever asked him if he believes there is a God named Allah ?

Then, you say this (post #12)...

I'm not saying he's a muslim. I

Then, GoCats adds something....

He says hes a Christian I think that awnsers the question...

And you respond....

Actions speak louder than words. He's a politician.

Implying that, even though he said he was a Christian, his actions speak louder than words, implying his words were untrue. Even though you said earlier that you didn't think he was a Muslim.

And before you jump to criticize me, I would never vote for Obama is a million years. However, I don't need to pose ridiculous questions, apply untrue labels and adjectives, and exploit his middle name to be a conservative.

And you respond....

Implying that, even though he said he was a Christian, his actions speak louder than words, implying his words were untrue. Even though you said earlier that you didn't think he was a Muslim.

And before you jump to criticize me, I would never vote for Obama is a million years. However, I don't need to pose ridiculous questions, apply untrue labels and adjectives, and exploit his middle name to be a conservative.

Best post I have seen in along time! :thumb:

And you respond....

The reason I would ask Obama the question is to hear his answer. I don't know what he would say and I haven't read his books but its my understanding from those that have read his books that he believes alot in the fundamentals of the muslim faith. I'd like to hear him talk about it on a national stage. I believe a lot of people on both sides of the aisle would like to hear that before they vote.

I never said he was a muslim or a christian. I've never mentioned his middle name once. I did say actions speak louder than words. If he is says he's a christian fantastic. Christians are suppose to have no other Gods before the father of Jesus Christ. I've never heard a prayer led with Allah, Yaweh, El. (Unless they were speaking in tongues) I have heard God the father. I apologize for my ignorance but if he is a christian why did he supposedly write about the beliefs in his muslim upbringing. I've never heard that in the little country churchs I've attended.

Hey I'm not on hear to stir up the masses. Our country is in a heck of a mess. I'm very concerned as we all should be.

The reason I would ask Obama the question is to hear his answer. I don't know what he would say and I haven't read his books but its my understanding from those that have read his books that he believes alot in the fundamentals of the muslim faith. I'd like to hear him talk about it on a national stage. I believe a lot of people on both sides of the aisle would like to hear that before they vote.

I never said he was a muslim or a christian. I've never mentioned his middle name once. I did say actions speak louder than words. If he is says he's a christian fantastic. Christians are suppose to have no other Gods before the father of Jesus Christ. I've never heard a prayer led with Allah, Yaweh, El. (Unless they were speaking in tongues) I have heard God the father. I apologize for my ignorance but if he is a christian why did he supposedly write about the beliefs in his muslim upbringing. I've never heard that in the little country churchs I've attended.

Hey I'm not on hear to stir up the masses. Our country is in a heck of a mess. I'm very concerned as we all should be.

I can see the sincerity of your post and I appreciate that.

I have read "Audacity of Hope." If there were any discussions of muslim fundamentals in it, I don't remember it. I haven't read "Dreams From My Father," and I would assume that there might be some discussion of it in there. Maybe I should make that next on my list.

My first semester of my junior year in college, the class on my schedule that I thought I would dread the most was my Intro to Religious Studies class. I was at that point in my life that I didn't want to be preached at, and thought that was what the class would do. It was absolutely the BEST class I took in my college career. We did a survey of Judeo-Christian, Muslim, Hindu, and Native American religious beliefs. We read works such as Martin Luthers On Christian Liberty, Night (Elie Wiesel), Black Elk Speaks, the Bhagavad Gita and parts of the Koran.

What I took away from the class were not the specific details, but the overall similarities between the religions. There were actually several things that were eye opening and spiritual for me.

I don't in any way feel that my knowledge and understanding of other religions - even agreement at times - makes me any less of a Christian. Obama's variety of religious experiences don't mean that he is less of a Christian either. I hope that John McCain has similar experiences and understandings. We are, after all, a country founded on religious freedom. The citizens that the next president will govern will have a variety of religious beliefs.

You're the first person I've read that wants these answers but hey, they're your questions and you have every right to them.

You haven't ready any of his books but you say you "understand" he believes in a lot of the fundamentals of Islam.

Did you know?:

* Islam believes in one God and one God only. They are monotheistic just like Judaism and Christianity.

* While Mohammed is the prophet of Allah, Jesus too is a prophet in their eyes and born of a virgin.

* Islam accepts the Old and New Testaments as scripture but not having the same authority as the final revelation to them, the Koran. (BTW, that sounds similar to Mormons who hold the Book of Mormon as the same level as scripture)

* Islam believes in religious devotion to the one God Allah, and God alone.

So, has Obama stated his beliefs with any of these?

As to having never heard of a prayer to Yahweh or El (El ohim actually) then you haven't been around too many practicing Jews. Yahweh is the name of God given to Moses at Sinai when he was called. ("You tell them 'I am' sent you.")

Elohim is also the Hebraic word for God. El was a Canaanite god. Yawheh or Elohim is perfectly acceptable words for Christians to use in prayer since orthodox Christianity pretty much holds the God of the OT to be the "father of Jesus Christ." :thumb:

You're the first person I've read that wants these answers but hey, they're your questions and you have every right to them.

You haven't ready any of his books but you say you "understand" he believes in a lot of the fundamentals of Islam.

Did you know?:

* Islam believes in one God and one God only. They are monotheistic just like Judaism and Christianity.

* While Mohammed is the prophet of Allah, Jesus too is a prophet in their eyes and born of a virgin.

* Islam accepts the Old and New Testaments as scripture but not having the same authority as the final revelation to them, the Koran. (BTW, that sounds similar to Mormons who hold the Book of Mormon as the same level as scripture)

* Islam believes in religious devotion to the one God Allah, and God alone.

So, has Obama stated his beliefs with any of these?

As to having never heard of a prayer to Yahweh or El (El ohim actually) then you haven't been around too many practicing Jews. Yahweh is the name of God given to Moses at Sinai when he was called. ("You tell them 'I am' sent you.")

Elohim is also the Hebraic word for God. El was a Canaanite god. Yawheh or Elohim is perfectly acceptable words for Christians to use in prayer since orthodox Christianity pretty much holds the God of the OT to be the "father of Jesus Christ." :thumb:

I knew none of what you have said. I appreciate your explanations. For all I've seen which is mostly media. Most muslims hate christians and want to see Israel destroyed. Like I've said I'm not as spiritual as I should be. I was raised in a pentecostal church and the world thinks they are the crazies who believe in speaking in tongues and handling snakes. I've never seen snake handling but I have seen the other.

As for Islam what happens if you don't believe in there God? I know what I've seen on TV. I honestly believe a lot of our countries problems are because we have forgot about the basic fundamentals on which our country was founded. I have spoken about these earlier. It looks like Obama is going to be hard to beat. That concerns me because of the e-mails one recieves (I know they all are not true.) I also know a little (very little) about the book of revelations. My daughter is in college and she had to take new testament and old testament her freshman year. She was telling me about the the description of the time were in. It sure sounds like this fellow thats running for president. Maybe someone out there can be more descriptive about it than I.

I knew none of what you have said. I appreciate your explanations. For all I've seen which is mostly media. Most muslims hate christians and want to see Israel destroyed. Like I've said I'm not as spiritual as I should be. I was raised in a pentecostal church and the world thinks they are the crazies who believe in speaking in tongues and handling snakes. I've never seen snake handling but I have seen the other.

Those Muslims are the extreme minority. Most fundamentalist Muslims distort the religion to recruit and propagandize the uneducated into doing their bidding. Islam simply hasn't embraced modernity in the way that Christianity and Judaism have, and that has much more to do with the level of development in predominately Muslim countries than any tenet of the religion.

As for Islam what happens if you don't believe in there God?

Nothing.

And as weary as I am from doing this, Obama isn't a Muslim. It would be the Christian equivalent of blasphemy for a Muslim to pretend not to be a Muslim. I'm also quite certain he isn't the anti-Christ, but then, that's another can of worms.