Steelers 26 Jags 21

4-1 going to the Bye.

Cincy on the road Oct. 19. Paul Brown will be Black and Gold.:dancingpa:dancingpa

After the Cincy game they only have 4 Road games left.

Great effort tonight by the team, Moore is impressive for a third string back, he catches well out of the backfield and can get around the corner. Besides the pick Ben looked very good tonight and so did Nate Washington, all in all Im very proud of the way they played tonight with all the injuries and such.

Roethlesberger is going to spend some time in the hospital before this season is over. The guy is getting hammered just about every time he goes back to pass.

His abuse last night was on him. He held on to the ball too long most of the time. Granted he made plays as well when he held on to the ball too long. But he has to occasionally toss one out of bounds or just simply scramble for a modest gain. Some of the angst toward the OL is misguided.

Some thoughts on the game.

1. I thought Darnell Stapleton did an amicable job at right guard in place of Simmons

2. Willie Colon has had at least one false start penalty in every game. Some at very critical junctures. That junk has to stop.

3. Mewelde Moore is a solid NFL running back, but what I was most impressed with was his pass blocking/blitz pickup.

4. Aaron Smith is the most valuable(can't afford to lose him) defensive player. They can sustain minus Troy, minus Casey Hampton, but suffered minus Aaron, plain and simple.

5. OC Arians is not a terrific play caller. Several questionable calls, especially in the red zone. I wish they'd simply no huddle down there.

6. 2 touchdowns squarely on 2 absolutely terrible penalties by 2 DB's. First on Taylor who had time to cross the face of the receiver while the ball was in the air. 2nd one on Clark for the late hit/unsportsmanlike call. Just stupid, then gets beat on the tight end down the seam for the score.

7. The Jags D with all of the injuries, barely resembles last season's version.

8. David Garrard is nothing more than a manager, IMO. With him under center, they will struggle to ever make it to the big dance. They have virtually no chance to catch Tenn. in the division and will play for a WC spot at best.

9. LaMarr Woodley is going to be, if not already, something very special in this league.

And finally, bye week couldn't come at a more opportune time.:ylsuper:

His abuse last night was on him. He held on to the ball too long most of the time. Granted he made plays as well when he held on to the ball too long. But he has to occasionally toss one out of bounds or just simply scramble for a modest gain. Some of the angst toward the OL is misguided.

1. I thought Darnell Stapleton did an amicable job at right guard in place of Simmons

2. Willie Colon has had at least one false start penalty in every game. Some at very critical junctures. That junk has to stop.

3. Mewelde Moore is a solid NFL running back, but what I was most impressed with was his pass blocking/blitz pickup.

4. Aaron Smith is the most valuable(can't afford to lose him) defensive player. They can sustain minus Troy, minus Casey Hampton, but suffered minus Aaron, plain and simple.

5. OC Arians is not a terrific play caller. Several questionable calls, especially in the red zone. I wish they'd simply no huddle down there.

6. 2 touchdowns squarely on 2 absolutely terrible penalties by 2 DB's. First on Taylor who had time to cross the face of the receiver while the ball was in the air. 2nd one on Clark for the late hit/unsportsmanlike call. Just stupid, then gets beat on the tight end down the seam for the score.

8. David Garrard is nothing more than a manager, IMO. With him under center, they will struggle to ever make it to the big dance. They have virtually no chance to catch Tenn. in the division and will play for a WC spot at best.

9. LaMarr Woodley is going to be, if not already, something very special in this league.

7. Letting Stroud walk hurt this team much more than they expected.

8. I would agree. But, I think Garrard is a pretty good QB. I also think they can make it to the Super Bowl with him under center. He just can't carry the team and the offense by himself. Their inability to run the ball, combined with the drop in defense, is what's killing them right now. They haven't been able to run the ball against any team with a real NFL rush defense. Until they get that fixed, they're going to struggle. In fairness though, injuries to their o-line has killed them.

I said after week one on here, that these 2 outside linebackers could be the best pass rushers the Steelers had since Kevin Greene and Greg Lloyd of "95". :ylsuper: