What do you conceal?

Cameraman

A year ago, a man went for a walk down what used to be a quite street here in Glasgow... He was shot down and killed by a man tripped out on drugs from the 2nd floor of his home.

Now i'm not saying this situation is going to happen to me... I hope I NEVER have to use my firearm... I truly do. But if the situation ever arrived, i'm going to be prepared.

Or how about this... You walk into a convenince store... At that time, a man walks in behind you and attempts to rob the place with a loaded weapon. We've all seen those news headlines "Cashier dies in armed robbery". What if you could have prevented this? Would you?

These are just a couple of reasons I carry concealed. :thumb:

:thumb: Thanks for the explanation.

By the way, you should be very careful "preventing" robberies, particularly with deadly force.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I carry in case it's ever needed. There are a lot of people out there that have intent to do you harm. I have never had a reason to go for my firearm. but I want it there just in case. I don't usually carry around here, I always take it on trips.

:thumb::thumb:

For those of you who carry concealed weapons:

Why do you carry it?

Because, as another has said it is our right to do so if we so choose. The 2nd amendment to the Constitution of the United States of America gives this right to any law abiding citizen. I am certainly not saying that you are one but there are a lot of people that want to re write the Contitution to make it fit what they may believe and take away our right to bear arms. One of them is running for president and his initials are B.H.O. :irked:.

Sorry, I am not going to turn this thread or this forum into a P&R forum debate. I just wanted to state my beliefs along with answering the question.

A year ago, a man went for a walk down what used to be a quite street here in Glasgow... He was shot down and killed by a man tripped out on drugs from the 2nd floor of his home.

Now i'm not saying this situation is going to happen to me... I hope I NEVER have to use my firearm... I truly do. But if the situation ever arrived, i'm going to be prepared.

Or how about this... You walk into a convenince store... At that time, a man walks in behind you and attempts to rob the place with a loaded weapon. We've all seen those news headlines "Cashier dies in armed robbery". What if you could have prevented this? Would you?

These are just a couple of reasons I carry concealed. :thumb:

I carry in case it's ever needed. There are a lot of people out there that have intent to do you harm. I have never had a reason to go for my firearm. but I want it there just in case. I don't usually carry around here, I always take it on trips.

:thumb::thumb: To both of these post. I pray that I will never have to use my firearm on another human being. That being said, in the event of self defense or defense of any member of my family I certainly will. There is an old saying that may explain it....."No One Ever Raped a .38"! ;)

For those of you who carry concealed weapons:

Why do you carry it?

I value my life and the life of my family. I will do whatever it takes to protect them from the scum running wild in today's society.

Most of the bad guys have some type of weapon with them when they attempt to do their crime. Having a concealed weapon (or weapons) levels the playing field.

Because, as another has said it is our right to do so if we so choose. The 2nd amendment to the Constitution of the United States of America gives this right to any law abiding citizen. I am certainly not saying that you are one but there are a lot of people that want to re write the Contitution to make it fit what they may believe and take away our right to bear arms. One of them is running for president and his initials are B.H.O. :irked:.

Sorry, I am not going to turn this thread or this forum into a P&R forum debate. I just wanted to state my beliefs along with answering the question.

:thumb::thumb::thumb:

• 4 months later...
I figured this was the most appropriate forum for the question..

For those of you that have your Concealed Weapons License, what is your weapon of choice?

Mine is a Ruger LCP 380. Fits in the palm of my hand and fits in my back pocket quite nicely! I was carrying a Hi-Point 9mm when I first started carrying. But it just wasnt working with the holster on my side... Not very easy to conceal.

I carry a Ruger LCP as well. Have you heard about the recall on them? I haven't sent mine in yet, but I hear it's an easy fix and doesn’t take long...

Kel-Tec P32 with Crimson Trace Laser Sights and pocket clip. Dead on at 50 feet. I don't believe I would need 50 feet but if I can put 10 shots in a Skoal lid at 50 feet that seems good enough for me.

If carrying in a holster I have a Magnum Research Baby Desert Eagle in .40.

I can't hit squat with a semi-auto. I plan on taking my CCP test with a 357 revolver (S&W 686). I probably won't carry for the most part, but when I do, it will be a revolver. If you need more than 3 bullets to down what your shooting at, you don't need to be shooting. If you can't hit what you are shooting with a revolver, you don't need to be shooting either.

I want the license so I don't have to go through a back round check or the 3 day waiting period every time I want to buy a new rifle. In the county I live, a 3 day wait is required for all firearms, not just handguns.

I have a Glock .40, but I just took the ccdw class today so I plan on getting something in a sub compact before my license arrive. Maybe another Glock in a 9mm.

Take a good look at Ruger's LCP 380, great gun and very compact, or even Kel-tec's 380 which is about the same size as the LCP but the LCP is much more accurate and only cost 260$...