What do you conceal?

Cameraman

Take a good look at Ruger's LCP 380, great gun and very compact, or even Kel-tec's 380 which is about the same size as the LCP but the LCP is much more accurate and only cost 260$...

I agree with you on this one, however, I would look at the Kel-Tec in 32 as opposed to 380 due to the size of the Kel-Tec 380 (short grip without a mag extension). If you have medium to large hands they (Kel-Tec 380) have a tendency to jump out of your hand due to the small grip size. I myself have medium size hands and do well to get 2 fingers on the grip of my .32. The .32 has a little less firepower than the 380 but doesn't jump near as bad. If you add the 10 round mag with the extension there is no trouble at all BUT it's a little harder to carry especially if your using the belt clip instead of a holster.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with you on this one, however, I would look at the Kel-Tec in 32 as opposed to 380 due to the size of the Kel-Tec 380 (short grip without a mag extension). If you have medium to large hands they (Kel-Tec 380) have a tendency to jump out of your hand due to the small grip size. I myself have medium size hands and do well to get 2 fingers on the grip of my .32. The .32 has a little less firepower than the 380 but doesn't jump near as bad. If you add the 10 round mag with the extension there is no trouble at all BUT it's a little harder to carry especially if your using the belt clip instead of a holster.

I've got a buddy that had the Kel-tec 380 and he (and me) couldn't hit anything with it. From 15yrds it was hard to put 10 rounds on the target. With my LCP I (and him) can put 10 rds in the bull’s-eye. I personally wasn't very impressed with the accuracy of the Kel-Tec 380 but I do like the how compact it is and the mechanics seem good…...

I had the Kel-Tec 380 and it kept jumping out of my hands so I traded it in on the Kel-Tec 32. Accuracy out of the box is awful with the 380 the 32 is alot better (I'm assuming due to less muzzle jump) but with the Crimson Trace Laser Sights it's dead on. It will actually out shoot my Baby Eagle (no laser) at 15 yards.

I carry a Ruger LCP as well. Have you heard about the recall on them? I haven't sent mine in yet, but I hear it's an easy fix and doesn’t take long...

Yeah, I sent my LCP in to the recall and got it back in about 2-3 weeks. I even got a cool hat and a free clip extender! :clap:

Yeah, I sent my LCP in to the recall and got it back in about 2-3 weeks. I even got a cool hat and a free clip extender! :clap:

I just talked with my friend today that has the LCP and he sent it in Wednesday of last week and got it back today also with a free hat and magazine extension as well as a set of Rogue grips.

I guess I need to send it in then Huh….Seeing how much I love free stuff.:clap::ylsuper:

Any of you guys ever had the Bersa 380? I have had one for about 7 years and after all of the hand guns I have been through, it still is the most accurate and reliable I have ever had. Over those 7 years, I can only remember 1 issue...stove piped on my on the very first seven rounds through. Other than that...perfect. I think I paid 275 for it back then and its been worth every penny.

If it is in your glove compartment it is not considered concealed under KY state law is my understanding. Is this correct?

KRS 527.020 - "A deadly weapon shall not be deemed concealed on or about the person if it is located in a glove compartment, regularly installed in a motor vehicle by its manufacturer regardless of whether said compartment is locked, unlocked, or does not have a locking mechanism."

KRS 527.020 - "A deadly weapon shall not be deemed concealed on or about the person if it is located in a glove compartment, regularly installed in a motor vehicle by its manufacturer regardless of whether said compartment is locked, unlocked, or does not have a locking mechanism."

Thanks, for those of you in Northern Kentucky who would you recomend for providing concealed carry training? I have purchased a glock 27 recently and would like to get the training because I am fairly inexperienced with firearms and to stay legal.

Thanks, for those of you in Northern Kentucky who would you recomend for providing concealed carry training? I have purchased a glock 27 recently and would like to get the training because I am fairly inexperienced with firearms and to stay legal.

As far as recommending someone, I will defer to others for that advice. However, do not expect that you will gain any experience with firearms with this training. It is very dry, KRS law videos, etc. To be quite honest it is boring! I would highly suggest seeking additional training when it comes to gaining your experience.

Another organization you might want to look at is the USCCA. I have been a member for several years and you can gain a lot of information from these guys.

As far as recommending someone, I will defer to others for that advice. However, do not expect that you will gain any experience with firearms with this training. It is very dry, KRS law videos, etc. To be quite honest it is boring! I would highly suggest seeking additional training when it comes to gaining your experience.

Another organization you might want to look at is the USCCA. I have been a member for several years and you can gain a lot of information from these guys.

Great advice. :ylsuper:I would not even consider getting the permit w/o 1st becoming very comfortable with a handgun.

For those of you who carry concealed weapons:

Why do you carry it?

Protection for the things I love the most my family. Their is lots of desperate people running around these days, I hope I never am faced with that situation but if I am you better belive I will not hesitate. :thumb:

To answer the orginal ? I carry a Glock 27 on my person when I choose to do so. In the suburban on trips I carry the HANDCANNON, Ruger Redhawk 44 mag. with laser grip sights. :sssh:

At home I keep the Turkey gun loaded with 3.5 inch mags in the safe in my bedroom just steps away.