Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Browns 20 Bengals 12

Featured Replies

Last year we blamed poor running game on Rudi. I guess we'll blame 12/28 on Perry. Nothing to do with a terrible O line. Nah can't be. they wouldn't pay them so much and drafted them that high if they were bad.:irked:

  • Replies 47
  • Views 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Last year we blamed poor running game on Rudi. I guess we'll blame 12/28 on Perry. Nothing to do with a terrible O line. Nah can't be. they wouldn't pay them so much and drafted them that high if they were bad.:irked:

 

Wasn't Carson only sacked like 17 times last year? And wasn't that among the best, if not the best, in the league?

 

It's amazing to me how their pass protection could be that bad with basically the same unit.

This team will lose 11 straight and then win their last five so that it screws up their draft position.

 

:lol:

Wasn't Carson only sacked like 17 times last year? And wasn't that among the best, if not the best, in the league?

 

It's amazing to me how their pass protection could be that bad with basically the same unit.

 

I don't think you can judge an o-line by the number of sacks given up. That's also impacted by the qb. Some qbs hang in longer and take more sacks. Some qbs (like Palmer) are adept at getting rid of the ball.

 

I think you have to eyeball them first and then also look at the number of "pressures" and the number of "hits on the qb."

Wasn't Carson only sacked like 17 times last year? And wasn't that among the best, if not the best, in the league?

 

It's amazing to me how their pass protection could be that bad with basically the same unit.

 

Last year? Carson was chuckin and duckin last year. Maybe why his Ints were high??

Evidently Fitz at least understands what to do when he hears LOOKOUT!!

Wasn't Carson only sacked like 17 times last year? And wasn't that among the best, if not the best, in the league?

 

It's amazing to me how their pass protection could be that bad with basically the same unit.

 

I'm pretty sure it was only 13. And I agree with your point.

Last year? Carson was chuckin and duckin last year. Maybe why his Ints were high??

 

Maybe...I don't watch the Bengals very often. I was just basing that on the numbers.

 

But, still, Carson is still at QB. Has he quit chuckin' and duckin' this year and just decided to let the sacks pile up? It's still the same offensive unit and the sack #'s are exponentially higher.

At least maybe now all those people out there screaming "Bench Carson" will probably shut up.

Maybe...I don't watch the Bengals very often. I was just basing that on the numbers.

 

But, still, Carson is still at QB. Has he quit chuckin' and duckin' this year and just decided to let the sacks pile up? It's still the same offensive unit and the sack #'s are exponentially higher.

 

I'm not sure on this. But a couple of blocking components have changed. TE and both RBs.

I'm not sure on this. But a couple of blocking components have changed. TE and both RBs.

 

Probably have been some changes, but there are a lot of the same players. It just doesn't seem like the difference should be that drastic.

Evidently Fitz at least understands what to do when he hears LOOKOUT!!

 

At least maybe now all those people out there screaming "Bench Carson" will probably shut up.

 

Yeah it should quiet the people who for some reason were wanting Palmer benched. Cincinnati definitely doesn't have the brightest football fans sometimes. I still can't believe people were even considering wanting Palmer benched. We saw yesterday why we need Palmer at QB. Yeah Fitz can scramble a little bit, but thats about it. I would have took Palmer and his sore elbow over Fitz anyday. Fitz is a decent backup but thats about it.

What I have read is that there is no ligament damage or anything like that. Its really not to bad, it was just a precaution thing. Marvin Lewis told Palmer on saturday night that he wasn't going to play, even though Palmer objected to it and wanted to play. Most top coaches usually would let the star QB play, even when injured. Especially in a must win game, but not Marvin Lewis.

 

Fire Marvin and the Brat today and let Jim Anderson take over as head coach rest of the year, and Ken Zampeske be the offensive coordinator.

Can someone clarify the horse collar rule.This had nothing to do with the outcome of the game but at the start they called that on the Bengals.The replay showed the defender grabbed the back of the jersey of the Cleveland player and pulled him down.15 yds and a first down.I thought you had to grab the guy by the collar to get that called.

Can someone clarify the horse collar rule.This had nothing to do with the outcome of the game but at the start they called that on the Bengals.The replay showed the defender grabbed the back of the jersey of the Cleveland player and pulled him down.15 yds and a first down.I thought you had to grab the guy by the collar to get that called.

 

I thought that was a bad call. Another one I saw (it may have been in the night game) a face mask that would have been a 5 yarder. I didn't know they got rid of that penalty and all face masks are now 15 yard personal foul penalties. Why did they go away from the 5 yard incidental foul?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.