Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Breathitt Co. 47 Harlan Co. 7

Featured Replies

This game wasn't as close as the score was. Sad

 

James Phillips had another great Game, 3 Sacks and showed great heart, Wen't down late with his knee hurt. I don't know what to say, Congrats to BCHS.

  • Replies 56
  • Views 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We were probably posting at the same time. I felt pretty good about Breathitt winning this game, but I had no reason to believe that it would be by this margin. I think that tough schedule that Breathitt has played is going to pay off for them down the road.

  • Author
We were probably posting at the same time. I felt pretty good about Breathitt winning this game, but I had no reason to believe that it would be by this margin. I think that tough schedule that Breathitt has played is going to pay off for them down the road.

 

Breathitt ran It all over Harlan Co....I seen no heart from Harlan tonight, But I give huge props to the D-line, Kept blowing the Breathitt O-line off the ball, But It doesn't help when the LB/DB have no clue whats going on, With the exception of the D-line, They couldn't play with Breathitt. :fight:

From what i could pick up:

- Harlan Co. couldn't tackle

- Harlan Co. couldn't stop the run

- Harlan Co. couldn't pass the ball

- Harlan Co. couldn't run the ball

- Harlan Co. seemed to be in a constant state of confusion

 

Learning experience for the Bears as they see what it takes to compete with the elite teams in the mountains.

  • Author
From what i could pick up:

- Harlan Co. couldn't tackle

- Harlan Co. couldn't stop the run

- Harlan Co. couldn't pass the ball

- Harlan Co. couldn't run the ball

- Harlan Co. seemed to be in a constant state of confusion

 

Learning experience for the Bears as they see what it takes to compete with the elite teams in the mountains.

 

 

:thumb:

 

I hate that they lost, But its time to wake up Black Bears, You're not as good as you thought.

:thumb:

 

I hate that they lost, But its time to wake up Black Bears, You're not as good as you thought.

 

On the bright side, that should do away with this whole 5A/3A foolishness for a while at least.

  • Author
On the bright side, that should do away with this whole 5A/3A foolishness for a while at least.

 

Lets hope so. :thumb:

HC fans, Fugate is what I mean when I talk about size and speed. That kid only weighs a mere 220. Very explosive. He can be 20 down field before you know it (or 80). Breathitt had an excellent game plan. Once we finally figured out Fugate might get the ball (29-7 at the time) they started running a QB draw right behind him. We simply had no answers for Breathitt. Nice game Bobcats.:thumb:

Love to see this.... Looks like Breathitt is getting things sorted out. I knew it would only be a matter of time.

Don't give up Bears. Sometimes we learn from a loss and benefit from it in the long run. Win the next one.

I must have been at the wrong game tonight. I wanted to see the HC Black Bears. They didn't show up tonight. That was hard to sit and watch. Poor Larkey, he must be really disgusted. :cry:

:thumb:

 

I hate that they lost, But its time to wake up Black Bears, You're not as good as you thought.

 

 

 

I don't know if they thought they were that good or it was everyone telling them how good they were. I love seeing all the fan support, but they may have went overboard.

 

Harlan County has to learn how to beat a team the caliber of Breathitt. None of them have ever done it before. It's been a long time since a Harlan County team has beat anyone like Breathitt.

Will probably see this matchup in the playoffs, we'll see if Harlan can make some adjustments by then and figure out what to do with Fugate.

My hat certainly goes off to Breathitt. Controlled the Black Bears all night long. I am among the hundreds that thought this would be a better game. Looks like Breathitt decided to wake up and play Breathitt football, I just hate they decided to do it against Harlan County. I by no means believe anything was overboard it has been a long time since Harlan County has had a turnout like this at a football game. Great atmosphere (the first quarter) just couldn't tackle. We will lick our wounds learn from this and rebound. Hey we are still 3-2 not to bad for a team playing their first 5 games. Keep your heads up Bears, You got beat by a quality team and can learn from this. GO BEARS!

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.