South Carolina 34 North Carolina State 0

swamprat

It was 20-0 with 6-7 minutes left in the game and he's airing it out....after all of these years, and still...No Class.

Their passing game struggled last night and they have to get that fixed. I'm sure part of the reason he kept throwing the ball was to give his QB's some more work and maybe build some confidence. Beecher was awful last night and Spurrier knows as well as anyone that they can't win many games in the SEC with a QB throwing 4 picks in a little over a half...or was it in a half?

Spurrier is probably more worried about his own team and doing all he can to improve them and get them ready for the SEC as opposed to being worried about hurting NC State's feelings.

Smelley attempted 5 passes last night, BTW.

Both offenses were awful. SC's defense is good and saved them. Why in the world would Spurrier start Beecher? Smelly was 4-2 last year and also looked good in the 4th.

Who ever was commentating last night said that Beecher only threw 3 picks in their scrimmage and Smelly threw 5.

Their passing game struggled last night and they have to get that fixed. I'm sure part of the reason he kept throwing the ball was to give his QB's some more work and maybe build some confidence. Beecher was awful last night and Spurrier knows as well as anyone that they can't win many games in the SEC with a QB throwing 4 picks in a little over a half...or was it in a half?

Spurrier is probably more worried about his own team and doing all he can to improve them and get them ready for the SEC as opposed to being worried about hurting NC State's feelings.

Smelley attempted 5 passes last night, BTW.

You don't give your QB work with 6 minutes to go in the 4th quarter when you're up 20-0. There is NO excuse for doing some of the stuff Spurrier does.

You don't give your QB work with 6 minutes to go in the 4th quarter when you're up 20-0. There is NO excuse for doing some of the stuff Spurrier does.

When you're trying to compete in the SEC and there is an obvious area that needs improvement, you're stupid if you don't take every opportunity.

It's pathetic for a Divsion I school in a BCS conference to cry about another coach/team running the score up.

When you're trying to compete in the SEC and there is an obvious area that needs improvement, you're stupid if you don't take every opportunity.

It's pathetic for a Divsion I school in a BCS conference to cry about another coach/team running the score up.

The only PATHETIC thing that needs to be brought up in this thread is the lack of class that Spurrier has. I have an idea; maybe next week Spurrier can bench his starting QB as soon as he throws his fourth interception. That way he doesn't have to wait until there's six minutes left in the game while being up 20-0 to work on his passing game with his back up QB that had significant playing time last year.

But oh well, you probably know more than me 5wide. I didn't know having class meant you (sec coach) were stupid.

South Carolina didn't look very good...Lucky for them NC State is terrible.

SC's defense looked good I thought, granted N.C. State wasn't a good team but the defense still imo looked very good. Also, the Gamecocks offense really picked up when the backup qb went in. He moved that team.