Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Is Donald Williams 2008 SG, joining UK?

Featured Replies

I have seen Williams several times. I never really expected him to be a high-major player because there wasn't really anything going around him - he was a bit of an unknown.

 

Williams is kind of like a player you see that you think is good enough, but you're sorry because he doesn't have the media to show him.

 

I've probably seen Williams about ten times.

 

So you think he is a better shooter than Meeks?

 

and can he get minutes at UK?

  • Replies 52
  • Views 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Carter has a medical RS year if UK wants to use it...

 

 

Can't we just double or tripple promote him?:sssh:

From everything I have read Williams is a diamond in the rough, and with enough exposure could have certainly been a 4* recruit. He brings a load of offense with him, and that is something Kentucky lacked at most times last year. I pray we don't red shirt him because I have a feeling we could use his scoring ability. Furthermore if he does sit, then that would more than likely affect his playing time being Meeks stays, Hood comes in, possibly someone else in 09' on the wing, Miller and Galloway more than likely still be around. So if Williams were to contribute you would think it would be this year and not next.

From everything I have read Williams is a diamond in the rough, and with enough exposure could have certainly been a 4* recruit. He brings a load of offense with him, and that is something Kentucky lacked at most times last year. I pray we don't red shirt him because I have a feeling we could use his scoring ability. Furthermore if he does sit, then that would more than likely affect his playing time being Meeks stays, Hood comes in, possibly someone else in 09' on the wing, Miller and Galloway more than likely still be around. So if Williams were to contribute you would think it would be this year and not next.

Agreed...

Where are all the red shirt rumors coming from anyway? I have read a couple of articles and none mention the idea. Like I mentioned already, Kentucky needs his offense this year a whole lot more than they do next. Razor Ramon has zero offense bur plays all the D. I'm not real confident on what you can expect out of Miller his freshmen year as far as Offense goes, and Galloway may be forced to play a little more point then he would wing with the departure of Jasper, and the other option outside of Liggins being Porter. So red shirting this year would just be crazy and perhaps just a waste of a scholly in the long haul.

Where are all the red shirt rumors coming from anyway? I have read a couple of articles and none mention the idea. Like I mentioned already, Kentucky needs his offense this year a whole lot more than they do next, so red shirting this year would just be crazy and perhaps just a waste of a scholly in the long haul.

One of his coaches said it in an interview, and his comments clearly stated it was something Williams knew ahead of time...

One of his coaches said it in an interview, and his comments clearly stated it was something Williams knew ahead of time...

 

Still don't make any sense to me, I guess as a fan you can only hope its not true. However, I have also read where one of his Summer coaches when asked if he joined Kentucky's team was "probably so" and thats it, while another said he thought for sure he would end up at Marquette but that just shows the uncertainty of recruiting. So one can only hope that because a couple of his coaches didn't seem to know what they were talking about as far as those subjects go, hopefully they don't as far as the red shirt subject goes.

 

The only, and I mean only reason I could see for a red shirt this season that would make any sense at all would be academic reasons. Williams barely scraped by to get cleared and be eligible to play without prepping, so only thing I would guess a red shirt may be used for is just so he could focus more on his class work his first year and not so much on basketball, thus giving BCG a chance to evaluate his academic status over the course of the year just to make sure he is keeping up.

Williams had to prep a year already. Only thing I disagree with...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.